INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Encountered possible bug regression - occurred around 21.0.34  (Read 1279 times)

Shike

• Junior Woodchuck

EDIT: This also effects tracking on official remote like Gizmo, and unofficial like EOS using standard protocols - not Open home

Greetings,

So, recently I updated JRiver MC on a netbook I'm using as a media renderer.  I found some unexpected behavior and wanted to report it to see if there was any chance of figuring out what happened/it can be fixed.  While I know the developers don't like third party standards that aren't agreed on like OpenHome, I use BubbleUPNP Server as an abstractor so to speak as to make an OpenHome renderer that works with BubbleUPNP.  This has never been an issue prior and other media players that support UPNP work fine with it.

I tend to shut-off automatic updates on machines that I'm not regularly using as to prevent issues - yet I encountered an issue with MC and updated.  Lately I played an album I hadn't in a while and on BubbleUPNP the seekbar wasn't available.  This happens on some tracks/albums but not others. I went through and did multiple things like a full PC reset (Windows 10 - no applications/software to be kept), but then I did other troubleshooting and am positive this relates to MediaCenter in some way.

Basic Info:

The renderer is on Win10 X86 - my server/main system is running Win10 X64 - not sure if this might help:

My findings using old installers:

21.0.20 - worked fine on renderer - seekbar displays in Bubble
21.0.30 - Works fine on renderer - seekbar displays in Bubble
*cannot find old executables between these*
21.0.34 - fails on renderer - not tested on x64. - seekbar does not display in Bubble
21.0.39 - fails on renderer - not tested on x64. - seekbar does not display in Bubble
21.0.50 - fails on renderer - not tested on x64. - seekbar does not display in Bubble
21.0.90 - worked fine on x64 machine (seekbar renders), x86 renderer did not display seekbar

Using foobar with UPNP component works fine.

I was wondering if there is access to any of the versions between .30 and .34 for further narrowing of the issue and if this is a true bug regression like I think it is.
Pages: [1]   Go Up