INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multiple Playlist Positions?  (Read 1192 times)

Justavian

• Recent member
Multiple Playlist Positions?
« on: July 24, 2016, 01:46:50 pm »

Perhaps this is something i should know by now, having used this product for over ten years - since about version 10.  Is there a way to get MC to remember my position in multiple playlists?  I would like to be able to listen to a playlist, watch a movie, watch a TV show, listen to something else, and then still come back to my playlist and get it to start up in the same position where i left it.

This seems to work fine for individual files.  I can be playing a movie, stop halfway and listen to some music, and when i return to the movie it starts back where i was.  But is there something i need to do to get this to work with a playlist?  Or even multiple playlists?

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Multiple Playlist Positions?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2016, 03:19:43 pm »

As far as I know there's no 'playlist bookmark' feature in MC.  So it doesn't know where you left off.  Individual files (movies, songs, etc) have bookmarks within them to tell MC what time position you stopped at.

Since this isn't a built in feature, you have to work around it.  I use two methods:

A.  I have separate zones for Video and Audio with the same playback device.  So, when I watch a movie or any other video, MC switches to the video zone and my audio zone stays intact with it's own Playing Now.  Thus I never lose my place in Playing Now.

B.  But what if I *do* lose my place somehow?  It happens.  I sort the list by Last Played. Then I can easily see all the tracks that line up in the order I listened to them in.  The one with the newest date is the one I listened to last.  So I can just start playback there, or at the next file in the list, as determined by the sequence number.

Neither of these are automatic.  But they aren't very difficult if you want to give them a try.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up