INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Subtitle Position  (Read 2455 times)

murray

• Citizen of the Universe
Subtitle Position
« on: July 26, 2016, 04:40:45 am »

How can I default all forced subtitles to the bottom of the screen. Whenever I have movies with forced subtitles they sit in the middle of the screen, I have to go to Subtitles in the menu and re set them to default normal position. This fixes it but then I get another film and the subtitles are back in the centre of the screen.

I want to lock all subtitles to the lower part of the screen, the normal position, but how do I look them there?

yannis

• World Citizen
Re: Subtitle Position
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 01:41:55 pm »

Never had that problem. So when you right click > Subtitles > Shift  what is the option selected? No shift or smth closer to 30% ?

Could it be that you're using ROHQ with some customization that sets this default? Or maybe smth external, like vobsub, that might intercept subs placement?

murray

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 02:31:49 pm »

Never had that problem. So when you right click > Subtitles > Shift  what is the option selected? No shift or smth closer to 30% ?

Could it be that you're using ROHQ with some customization that sets this default? Or maybe smth external, like vobsub, that might intercept subs placement?

Yes it does state something like 30% but I have to re change them to the default so they sit at the bottom of the screen.

I don't know what ROHQ or any of those other things are you quote???
All I use is JR with madvr.

yannis

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2016, 03:30:30 pm »

In the madvr settings dialog > processing > zoom control, check the options to see if you have moved the subs default position.

murray

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2016, 04:16:51 pm »

In the madvr settings dialog > processing > zoom control, check the options to see if you have moved the subs default position.

You are brilliant thank you!
madvr was set to move subtitles "into active window area, I changed it back to "bottom of scree/window"
Im sure its fixed now!

Do I need ticked "automatically detect hard coded black bars" it is currently?
What is this setting for anyway?

yannis

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2016, 08:45:24 am »

I've had favours done here, glad to return one.

Black bars: Some rippers force them, to avoid awkward resizing in some programs. I wouldn't mess with settings I'm not familiar with.
Pages: [1]   Go Up