INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rename Album-Cover-Art from "Artist-AlbumName.jpg" in "Folder.jpg" / Windows PC  (Read 2012 times)

Petit Uhuhu

Hello, my CD collection is now dematerialized in many folders (named like artist and album) and the Cover Art (like the music-tracks) are stored as "Artist-Albumname.jpg" in the same music-folder - of each album.

I want to rename every CD Cover Art File in a "Folder.jpg" - this should be the only name for each of the Cover-Art-Files.

Do you know a ploy for that? A tool, hints? Thank you in advance!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!

If you have a tool like Total Commander, you could just find all the *.jpg files in your music folder, then batch rename them all to Folder.jpg.

Total Commander is my guilty little pleasure.  The previous CTO ran it all the time and annoyed me with it.  I didn't get it.  Then I finally buckled and gave it some more time and now I absolutely love it!
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

davelr

• Junior Woodchuck

You can also just use the forfiles command in Windows command line.

The attached is an example of how to do this. My music is stored on a NAS, so I have to use a net use command to map to a local drive name.

The only possible issue is that if you have more than one .jpg file in each directory, the rename to folder.jpg of multiple files will fail. If that's the case, you can run this multiple times substituting specific file name masks (artist-albumname.jpg for example) in place of the *.jpg mask.

I had to append .txt to the batch file to attach it. You'll want to remove that to run the file of course.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe

Tools > Options > File Location > Cover Art > Audio Mode:  (In the same folder as the file (Folder.jpg))

Now MC is configured to save cover art as Folder.jpg in each directory.  So, highlight some albums.  Now select Cover Art > Save cover art to location specified in options .  This will make MC save the cover art as Folder.jpg.  Note that the existing file will NOT be removed or renamed.  If you need to do that, you'll need to use a different process.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up