INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Harmony 1100  (Read 3826 times)

darkpen

• Recent member
Harmony 1100
« on: July 30, 2016, 02:10:56 am »

Hi everyone,

I just rediscovered my old Harmony 1100 while cleaning up my basement.

Coincidentally, I'm in the process of rebuilding our home theater (been moving a lot lately, so it's good to finally unpack the surround system and receiver and all that...!), and as I'm trying to keep it as simple as possible for the wife (she shares my love of good components, but isn't as much a tinkerer as I am) I thought this could be a good option for her when I'm not around.

I think I remember that the reason I had stashed it away was because I found it a bit unresponsive at the time I got it (slow menu scrolling, etc). I'd be willing to give it another try, though.

Has anyone had any luck configuring this puppy with JRiver and having some reasonably complex tasks programmed in? I'm thinking things like the usual suspects (straight to movies, TV shows, music) along with some more in depth stuff (launch Steam Big Picture Mode, for example)?

Another consideration, all my Windows builds run Win 10 Pro 64, and all my Macs are on El Capitan. Any potential issues with the Logitech software there? I just want to make sure it's worth the ride before spending an afternoon programming it. :)

Thanks!

bhampster

• World Citizen
Re: Harmony 1100
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2016, 11:24:46 am »

The unresponsive feeling is usually resolved by changing the default time of repeat key presses.

Something like that... It's been several years but I used to use only Harmony remotes. The defaults (back then) resulted in a very slow remote.

And, I'm only guessing but I don't imagine Window10 or El Capitan would pose any problems. Logitech has good relationships with M$ and Apple.

astromo

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Harmony 1100
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016, 08:32:35 am »

I've got an 1100i and it's been doing just fine for years since MC16 and Win7.

It's not set up to do anything fancy and simply works off the back of the Logitech config software.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT
Pages: [1]   Go Up