INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to retain selected columns and order across all file views?  (Read 2078 times)

JerryLBell

It seems every time I fire up MC21, I find myself re-selecting and re-ordering the columns I want to see in any file view (whether by selecting an album under Albums, Artists, Files, Genres or Recent Albums in the tree control on the left or by clicking on an album in the larger pane on the right). I have a particular set of columns I wish to see and a particular order I want them in. Is there a way to set those up once and for all and have my choices actually stick? Note that I've tried MC22 and found it behaved the same.

Thanks in advance for any helpful replies! I'm about 90% sure that what I want can actually be done but I am just somehow overlooking how.

Yes, I'm being a bit OCD on this, but if I wasn't OCD to some extent, I wouldn't bother organizing and playing my hefty digital music collection with MC21. I'd just use foobar or some such.

Other than that, MC21 basically does everything I want. Well, it would be nice if the visualizations were more interesting. I used to really enjoy some back in the day with WinAmp and none of the ones I've found in MC21 knock me out. Oh, and I've had a few cases where a multi-artist album shows up as multiple albums in the Album view and nothing I've been able to do with the ID3 tags has changed it. But those are pretty minor complaints.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: How to retain selected columns and order across all file views?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2016, 05:06:35 pm »

It seems every time I fire up MC21, I find myself re-selecting and re-ordering the columns I want to see in any file view

I've seen this reported before, but I'm not sure what causes it.  On my system (and apparently lots of other people's) the columns "stick" once you set them.  Do an experiment.  Set up columns you want in a *particular* view.  Then quit MC and restart it.  Now check that view again.  They should be the same.

Oh, and I've had a few cases where a multi-artist album shows up as multiple albums in the Album view and nothing I've been able to do with the ID3 tags has changed it.

This is a common issue.  See the solution here:

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Album_Artist_and_Album_Artist_(Auto)

Brian.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: How to retain selected columns and order across all file views?
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2016, 12:02:03 am »

If you're using MC in a client / server mode, you need to make the changes on the server.
Pages: [1]   Go Up