INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PCM, Bitstream, Sampling Rates, Digital Crossover and Surround formats  (Read 2221 times)

BadMax

• Recent member

Ok i try to do my best to describe this complex stuff with my english (I'm german).

I did build some speaker and the first idea was to use some miniDSP as crossover and connect the sound card directly to the miniDSPs (7.1).
Then i realized this does not work for all sound formats because there are formats where the surround sound is mixed into the other channels
and LAV can't decode stuff like "Dolby Pro Logic". So for some formats you need a AVR...
Also you can't detect "Dolby Pro Logic" and you have to switch the receiver by hand. So if i have a playlist that has different formats i need to
tag the files and then switch the AVR (maybe over serial if the receiver has a interface and i don't know if you can start batch files or if you
can directly send serial commands with JRiver). The other problem is that the AVRs always need 1-2 seconds to switch.

If I'm right i need to do:
------------------
Bitstream
------------------

Dolby Pro Logic
Dolby Digital EX
DTS-ES Matrix
DTS:X
Dolby Atmos
Auro-3D

------------------
7.1 Out
------------------

Dolby Digital (AC-3)
Dolby Digital Plus (E-AC-3)
DTS
DTS-ES Discrete
DTS 96/24
DTS-HD High Resolution
DTS-HD Master Audio

Also i realized the miniDSPs have a sampling rate of just 48kHz and also there is Analog<->Digital conversion.
So i have a Denon SACD-Player and a Xonar Essence STX with good DACs and then i convert it back to digital to again convert to analog?
Also i downsample all my SACD, DVD-Audio to just 48kHz?
Pages: [1]   Go Up