INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Empty Disc# Field when only 1 Disc  (Read 2470 times)

connersw

• Citizen of the Universe
Empty Disc# Field when only 1 Disc
« on: August 04, 2016, 08:48:04 am »

This has been something I've always done manually, but perhaps there is a better, automated way.

I like to keep the Disc# field empty if there is only 1 Disc in the Album.  Then when I RM&C, I use Delimit([Disc #,0],)[Track #,0] in the Filename so I know that a Filename that starts with 112 is part of a multi-disc Album and a Filename with 12 is from a single disc Album.

However, sometimes when I Import an Album, it already has the Disc# field tagged with 1, even if it is a single disc Album.  Is there an expression that would help me recognize Albums that do not have the Disc# field empty and are single disc Albums?  And ideally, set something up so it automatically clears the tag on Import for single disc Albums?

blgentry

Re: Empty Disc# Field when only 1 Disc
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2016, 09:14:54 am »

It's not all that easy, but it's not super hard either.  The way I've figured out to do this is to break it down into a couple of steps.

1.  Make a smarlist that finds all albums with [disc #]=2, then expand that to the whole album (all disc numbers, all songs).  I call this list "discs 2 or more".  Import/Export definition:
Code: [Select]
[Media Type]=[Audio] [Disc #]=>=2 ~a ~sort=[Album Artist (auto)],[Album],[Disc #]
2.  Now make another smartlist that essentially says "show me all audio files that are not in 'Discs 2 or more'".  Then limit that to files that have Disc # = 1.  Import Export definition:
[Media Type]=[Audio] -playlistid==788130232 [Disc #]=1
That playlist ID is specific to my system.  After you cut and paste this in, you should be able to use the wizard to select "playlist 'is not any' 'discs 2 or more'".

Then you'll have a list of only files that have disc #=1 and do not have any higher disc numbers in the same album.

Brian.

RD James

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2016, 12:49:42 pm »

I think that clearing the Disc # tag is a poor solution to this problem - especially since proper tagging of this would be Disc 1/1 - though half my library doesn't have this filled out since it was imported before JRiver supported that.

Surely there must be a way to determine whether an album is multi-disc or not in JRiver.
Their syntax is different from JRiver but dBpoweramp's renaming tool has the [IFMULTI] [] function which makes this trivial to solve as you just place Disc # inside that.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2016, 02:00:30 pm »

I would always tag your filename/track #s with 3 digits:

If(IsEmpty([Disc #],1), 1[Track #] - [Artist] - [Name], [Disc #][Track #] - [Artist] - [Name])

ferday

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2016, 09:55:42 pm »

i'm of the mind that
-disc number of 1/1 should be empty
-track numbers should not be 001, 101, etc.

i wrote a variables that counted the number of discs in an album, unfortunately it's on my PC copy which is on a slow boat right now and i can't access it.  but it is possible and it works

like RD says though, it could be a bit easier ;) i'd love for MC to just recognize that an album (with precisely the same tagging) has more than one disc...
Pages: [1]   Go Up