INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to record live streams (Youtube, etc.)  (Read 3306 times)

jsmith967

• Junior Woodchuck
How to record live streams (Youtube, etc.)
« on: December 05, 2016, 06:48:39 pm »

I really hate starting a new post but I have spent some time looking for an answer and I can't find it. I would really appreciate some help.

I want to record 2 hours of a live stream that is hosted on Youtube. I realize that JRiver makes it really easy to record and download non-stream videos. However, I cannot figure out how to record a stream. How do I do this? It would also be great if I could schedule the recording as well.

Here is a random example stream on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0022wscx0k. Can I record something like this in JRiver? Please let me know.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: How to record live streams (Youtube, etc.)
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 07:39:36 pm »

I'm not sure we're much help with capturing the video.

We could capture the audio because you could select the WDM driver and pick the Disk Writer as the output plugin.

You're actually asking for a feature my dad keeps bothering me to add!  Matt, I want to record this web stream / web media clip.  Like a basketball or football game that you can only stream on the internet.  He wants to record is so he can skip ads, jump around, etc.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

buckeyewalt

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 08:55:55 am »

With all of the technology around these days, a one step record/drop in a file when completed in JR would not be complicated at all

jsmith967

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 08:59:42 am »

I'd very much like this feature added! Perhaps with your dad and me pestering you some more, it could be added? I'm curious, what's the likelihood that it will be added in the future?
Pages: [1]   Go Up