INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gizmo and Software Firewall Problems...  (Read 3203 times)

BigCat

• World Citizen
  • Believe...
Gizmo and Software Firewall Problems...
« on: August 03, 2016, 01:51:57 pm »

Hi everyone,

I am trying to get Gizmo to work on my phone through the Internet. It has to be a software firewall problem. I have the free Comodo Firewall, which is fairly complicated (in both good and bad ways).

Basically, with the Comodo firewall set to "disabled" (via Comodo's System Tray icon), then Gizmo DOES work through the data connection on my phone. With Comodo set to "custom ruleset", Gizmo can't connect. However; Gizmo and Comodo DO work together via my WiFi home network.

I have messed with settings in Comodo, but I am not an expert in this. In the Application Rules area of Comodo, I see three JRiver programs: JRWeb.exe, PackageInstaller.exe, and Media Center 21.exe. I have altered settings for each. No dice yet. There are many other areas of Comodo, as well.

I have Win7 Pro 64 and MC 21.0.90. I am running MC on one main computer, which is connected to the Internet through a (fairly old) router.

I think I have the router part figured out (port forwarding and all), but I have searched on this forum and on the Internet. I can't find actual detailed software firewall settings recommendations for Gizmo. Can any one help me?

Thanks!
BC

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Gizmo and Software Firewall Problems...
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2016, 03:03:02 pm »

If it works through the phone data connection when the firewall is off then the port forwarding is setup properly.
Perhaps an easier way to get the firewall to pass through the packets is to tell it to open port 52199 TCP instead of trying to get it to figure out what port to open by the app name.

BigCat

• World Citizen
  • Believe...
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2016, 12:07:49 am »

Thanks for the reply, Bob! That got it working. Though I am not sure how secure that is. I would like a way to have the software firewall (Comodo) prompt me that something is trying to use that port, so I can (permanently) allow (only) my phone.

Still, it works!

BC

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2016, 11:34:37 am »

Thanks for the reply, Bob! That got it working. Though I am not sure how secure that is. I would like a way to have the software firewall (Comodo) prompt me that something is trying to use that port, so I can (permanently) allow (only) my phone.

Still, it works!

BC
If you are using it from the outside you should turn on authentication :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up