INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem scanning OTA TV with Mygica USB U6012A tuner  (Read 2196 times)

Jean Valjean

• Recent member
Problem scanning OTA TV with Mygica USB U6012A tuner
« on: August 11, 2016, 06:36:16 am »

I'm trying MC 22.015, and having problems scanning OTA TV.  After hitting 'scan' or 'rescan,' application usually locks up.  The 'cancel' button does not respond, and the green progress bar never appears.  Occasionally it will scan OK, and the channels I've captured work fine.  I'm using a Mygica U6012A USB tuner, Window 10, and the MicroTune 11.2021.175.201 drivers.   MC describes it as ' ASTC MicroTune Dongle Tuner 9336647F1B4068CF."  I've tried disabling the QAM and Analog sections of the tuner before scanning, but no joy. Also, rebooting has no effect, as it still mostly locks up. I've tried maybe 20 or 30 times, and it's only successfully scanned 3 times.  Also, after a failed scan, it sometimes - not always - states there's no hardware device when I try to watch a previously scanned channel.  Driver issues?  This device has worked 100% on WMC, before I upgraded from 7 to W10.  Anyone else using this device?

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Problem scanning OTA TV with Mygica USB U6012A tuner
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2016, 07:14:12 am »

If you go to Windows Control Panel > Device Manager, what does it show for that device (probably under "Sound Video and Game Controllers")? Is it listed as working? One problem with Win10 is that some of the device drivers it loads are early generic versions and not really optimized. Did you load the drives off a disc that came with the Tuner (or download) or just use the Win10 provided drivers?

Check the device manufacturer's website and see if they have newer drivers available for Win10. But if your using the Tuner manufacturers drives and still having trouble, you may want to try removing those drivers and letting Win10 redetect the Tuner and load its own drivers (the opposite of my first suggestion).

Lastly, a log created just after the TV setup and scan may help MC devs find the problem. Go to Help>Logging

Jean Valjean

• Recent member
Re: Problem scanning OTA TV with Mygica USB U6012A tuner
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2016, 11:21:22 am »

Thanks. Clicking update drivers in Device Manager, although it didn't find a newer driver, fixed the problem. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up