INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC GUi Question  (Read 2543 times)

rsg

• Galactic Citizen
MC GUi Question
« on: August 12, 2016, 09:08:31 pm »

JRiver: Modifying GUI
I have recently switched from iTunes to JRiver and I am very pleased with the latter. I am viewing all my music files on one of those wide screen monitors. I have all my albums as thumbnails with the tree down the left side. When I select an album to play, the tracks/titles etc. all appear at the bottom of the screen as that is the default. No matter how much research I do, I can't find a way to make the tracks/titles appear on the right of the screen, sort of on the opposite side to the tree etc. That would allow me to have the tree on the left, a large middle section with all the albums or artists, and the tracks/titles etc. as a column on the right. Seems like a good plan right? Especially since it is a wide screen monitor.

Anybody figured this out?

PS. Everything else working great in terms of sound, ease of use, appearance etc. Great player for using with a remote library. I keep all my files on an HDD with one central computer, and I can play all my music on computers in other rooms. Of course, a backup drive resides off site.

astromo

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC GUi Question
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2016, 12:06:58 am »

I can't say I've ever been inspired to work with the Tree on the right. Maybe because for those conditioned to Western style education, reading works from Left to Right.

For Oriental cultures, working Right to Left is not uncommon but given the development background of MC, I can understand why things are as they are.

I had a quick look at the Wiki and these sites came up in my search:
but they all draw a blank as far as I can see.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

rsg

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2016, 01:08:32 am »

Well no, I want to keep the tree on the left, but list the albums and tracks pane on the right instead of along the bottom.

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2016, 09:21:59 pm »

try experimenting with split views

view > split view

rsg

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2016, 09:51:50 pm »

Yes, that seems to be the right idea. Thanks very much!
Pages: [1]   Go Up