INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Onkyo receiver resets to zero volume on DLNA track change [Solved]  (Read 3397 times)

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

I'm using JRemote to send music to an TX-NR717 Onkyo receiver via DLNA. After every track change the receiver reverts to "minus infinity" dB volume. Not sure what's going on - whether it's a media network issue (MC 21 didn't do that iirc - I can test this again if needed), or whether it's a setting on my Onkyo that got screwed up.

I just tested DLNA to a different, higher end Onkyo receiver of the same generation and it works fine on track changes. Any suggestions, anyone?

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
Re: Onkyo receiver resets to zero volume on every DLNA track change
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2016, 01:24:42 am »

I would be very surprised if this was due to MC.

You could download the DMRA from my sig (the full version with the test tracks) and try pushing a couple of tracks to see what happens with that.

Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2016, 12:09:23 pm »

Thanks, Andrew. I finally got around to trying your utility - very nice!
Unfortunately, exactly the same thing happened. I am now thinking there is something up with the receiver, because it constantly wants to reduce the volume even as I am turning it up. As if it is receiving some kind of input to do so.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2016, 05:22:09 pm »

Figured it out. Two step process. First, the receiver needed a reset; this happens very occasionally when the receiver needs t be unplugged for a few seconds. That allowed better network discovery.
Secondly, there was a setting called DMR Max Volume or similar and it was set to 0 for some reason. I put it up to 50 and all is now well. Thanks for getting me to try the DLNA utility, Andrew.
Pages: [1]   Go Up