INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Installed MC22 but MC21 Remains?  (Read 1914 times)

thezone

• Galactic Citizen
Installed MC22 but MC21 Remains?
« on: August 17, 2016, 04:41:17 pm »

Hi, I thought that installing MC22 would get rid of MC21 but now I have two versions running together which is causing issues with windows. Does MC22 clone all the settings from MC21? Is it ok for me to un-install MC21?

Thanks

Vocalpoint

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Installed MC22 but MC21 Remains?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2016, 05:16:49 pm »

Hi, I thought that installing MC22 would get rid of MC21 but now I have to versions running together which is causing issues with windows. Does MC22 clone all the settings from MC21? Is it ok for me to un-install MC21?

Gentle suggestion to keep both installed for a time. Once you are comfortable with v22 - as in - it's your daily driver - then you can move to drop v21.

I usually leave an old version in place for at least a month before making any serious moves.

VP

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2016, 05:35:13 pm »

If they are conflicting due to auto-start on windows start or things like that, you can just launch MC21 and turn auto-start off, and then it won't bother you.
Otherwise you can just uninstall it if you're happy with MC22. If your library showed up in MC22, then it imported all the previous data.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

thezone

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2016, 05:59:46 pm »

If they are conflicting due to auto-start on windows start or things like that, you can just launch MC21 and turn auto-start off, and then it won't bother you.
Otherwise you can just uninstall it if you're happy with MC22. If your library showed up in MC22, then it imported all the previous data.

Thanks, Its causing aero issues and crashing the desktop manager.  I think Ill just get rid of 21 as all my library and custom video settings are showing in 22 and all of my remote codes are working as well.

Cheers
Pages: [1]   Go Up