INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: change default view?  (Read 2937 times)

jachin99

• Citizen of the Universe
change default view?
« on: August 18, 2016, 10:24:19 am »

Is there a way to change the view after I back out of theater view.  When I'm not in theater view, I don't really need to see standard view, and seeing it on the screen just confuses my family because they think they will just mess something up if they touch the computer.  The computer is the only way to watch TV so this is a bad thing.  I have mini view set as the startup skin but once someone actually starts using the program in theater view, it always backs out into standard view.

gappie

Re: change default view?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 02:38:18 pm »

how are stopping theater view. when you do that via the exit menu, then, in options>theater view, you can remove the exit menu and add 'external program' give it a name, like stop, check if the programm is pointing to mc22.exe and put /Close  in the command line arguments.
this will stop media center. also the server when it is running i think.

instead of the /close you could use
/Mode Mini
this will close theaterview and bring back the mini view..

:)
gab

jachin99

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 04:11:27 pm »

Thanks for the help.  I don't want to stop the server, and I have MC set to minimize to tray.  If I could just have it minimize to the tray when I exit theater view, that would accomplish exactly what I want, while still allowing me to bring JRiver back up in theater view by pressing MCE buttons on my remote.

jachin99

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2016, 04:20:35 pm »

I have this working but how would I configure the PC to exit jriver theater view, and minimize the program by pressing escape twice?  I have the escape key mapped to my MCE back arrow, and I use it to exit programs, and go back on web pages at the same time. 

gappie

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2016, 09:57:04 am »

changing the behaviour of double esc can as far as i know, not be changed. are you using the back button on your remote only for mc?. with the remote section of mc you could map the key to do what you want (maybe also with what ever you use to map the buttons).
you could for instance use this command under the button
mc22.exe /mcc 22000,-1000
it closes al ui's but the server keeps running, but you could also put one or two commands under the button, like 2 times escape and minimize.. the core commands are found here.. http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Media_Center_Core_Commands

:)
gab

jachin99

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2016, 12:43:31 am »

My problem right now is if I assign my back button to translate to escape within MC, then I can't back out of menus within theater view.  I have to configure this so it only executes the commands to exit the program when I press escape twice, as it did before.  If I map it to core commands I get the same effect.  jriver doesn't give me the option to perform actions on double button presses as far as I know.  Maybe I need to get my JRiver event ghost plugin working again but I would rather not have two different programs trying to read my remote commands at the same time.   I have to make these remote commands work with Netflix, hulu, vudu, a web browser, and jriver already.  That's without the little misc. stuff I use on the machine like mail, calenders, etc.
Pages: [1]   Go Up