INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Populate tag fields by checkbox  (Read 2613 times)

Cedric D

• Recent member
Populate tag fields by checkbox
« on: August 19, 2016, 01:03:27 pm »

Hi,

I would like to populate the standard tag field 'publisher' with a word like "Favorite Song" by simply hitting a checkbox.

I tried several ways by using the online wiki and custom fields, but in the end I failed.

Can someone help me please?

regards
Cedric

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Populate tag fields by checkbox
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2016, 03:41:58 pm »

What you are describing is called "Pane Tagging" in MC.  Here's an example, with an illustration that should show you how to do it:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,98324.msg679822.html#msg679822

It's using the Genre field, but it will work the same way for publisher.

Brian.

Cedric D

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2016, 03:48:21 am »

Hi blgentry,

first of all thanks!

I do it like this already.
Is it possible to set the custom tag field to "check" and use the calculated data field to translate the checkbox into a word of another tag field?

The check box outputs an one or zero only.
Something like, if custom tag field 'Hit' is "1", then write "favorite" into tag field 'publisher'
If tag field 'hit' is "0", set tag field 'publisher' to " ".
is this possible?

Cedric D

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2016, 04:16:44 am »

this would work for a custom tag field, however I can't insert it into a standard tag field, which i need to:

ifelse(isequal([Hit], 1), Hit, isequal([Hit], 0), Empty)

blgentry

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2016, 08:23:27 am »

As far as I know, you can't turn a JRiver defined field into calculated data.  I'm pretty sure you can't delete them or alter them in any way.

You can *directly* set the value of Publisher though.  From a pull down list.  Or from check boxes in a Panes view.

I'm confused by what you are trying to do.  Are you trying to set some field value to be read by some other program for another purpose?  What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

Brian.

Cedric D

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2016, 10:28:34 am »

I use a Dj Software called Traktor, which has limited tag fields and literally no tag options.
I try to use 'publisher' tag to categorize my music by saying its a "hit/famous song" or it isn't.

The fastest way to tag tracks with "hit/famous song" inside Media Center is by ticking a check box of a custom tag.

However MC just writes plain zeros or ones into a tag field, when I use check.

Zeros and ones are too confusing inside the DJ Software.

That's why I would like to use a check box to quickly tag music as "famous song" for my Dj Software

The pane view is ok, but it requires some more steps to tag it. With a lot of music every small action adds up and slows down.

cheers

blgentry

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2016, 10:56:18 am »

I use a Dj Software called Traktor, which has limited tag fields and literally no tag options.
I try to use 'publisher' tag to categorize my music by saying its a "hit/famous song" or it isn't.

Ok, got it.

The pane view is ok, but it requires some more steps to tag it. With a lot of music every small action adds up and slows down.

Pane tagging only requires that you turn it on.  From there, just clicking on the value in the pane sets the value.  It's very fast:  Just a check box next to a value.  Have you tried this?  It's always worked very quickly for me.

Brian.

Cedric D

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2016, 11:28:42 am »

Its pretty darn close to perfect, but just that "tad" is missing  ;D

I can live with it

thanks, have a nice saturday :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up