INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Updating tags from a different pc on the media network  (Read 1778 times)

jdieter

• Recent member
Updating tags from a different pc on the media network
« on: August 20, 2016, 12:38:23 pm »

Using MC21 for audio only. My main library resides on a networked PC that is running continuously. I connect to the main library via wifi on a notebook pc. When I update an image from the notebook the tag doesn't accept the change, when I edit text on a tag it updates on the notebook but not on the main library. Am I'm missing something or will any changes to the main library have to be done at that pc?

MikeO

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Updating tags from a different pc on the media network
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2016, 01:52:15 am »

Unfortunately this is a "quirk" and has been for a while.

Most tag changes made remotely transfer back to the server OK even from JRemote wirelessly.

For some reason Artwork etc can only be changed at the server itself. I am not sure it constitutes a bug rather than a behaviour !!

Mike

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Updating tags from a different pc on the media network
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2016, 06:20:52 pm »

For changes on the Client to be propagated back to the Server you must have Authentication turned on in Options under Media Network, and of course allow time for the Client to synchronise back to the Server, or manually sync using the "Sync Changes with Library Server" button in the navigation tree under Playing Now>Playing from [Library name]>[Library name].

Any maintenance that involves moving files or Cover Art must be done on the Server.

To test if sync is working, make a change to a tag on the laptop. Wait a couple of minutes. Close the MC Client on the laptop. Wait a minute. Open the MC Client on the laptop.
If the tag change has disappeared, or hasn't appeared on the Server, sync between the Client and the Server isn't working, or you didn't allow enough time for the automatic sync to happen.

Try forcing a sync by;
Making a change to a tag on the laptop. Click the "Sync Changes with Library Server" button and wait for that to finish (a message is shown). Close the MC Client on the laptop. Wait a minute. Open the MC Client on the laptop.

What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up