INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DSD 256 Files Not Playing  (Read 3390 times)

MAK1138

DSD 256 Files Not Playing
« on: August 21, 2016, 07:37:53 pm »

Looking for some help with playing DSD 256 files.  I'm running MC 22 and have not been able to play a DSD 256 file (I currently only have one file at this rate).  I have no issues with DSD 64 or 128.  The settings are as follows:  I have Bitstreaming DSD selected; no encoding is selected in the DSP window.  My computer (an older Toshiba laptop) doesn't like the ASIO driver for whatever reason so I'm using the WASAPI direct driver.  I suspect this might be part of the problem since it's referred to in the error message.  The DAC is a Wyred 4 Sound DAC 2 DSD that is capable of DSD up to 256.  Any information would be helpful.  Thanks!

dtc

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: DSD 256 Files Not Playing
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2016, 10:04:02 pm »

Using the WASAPI driver, the DSD is encoded as DoP at 705 KHz. I do not believe your DAC accepts that sample rate. You would need to use the ASIO driver and use native DSD to do DSD 256. WASAPI does not do DSD direct.

HiFiTubes

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 01:13:32 am »

Looking for some help with playing DSD 256 files.  I'm running MC 22 and have not been able to play a DSD 256 file (I currently only have one file at this rate).  I have no issues with DSD 64 or 128.  The settings are as follows:  I have Bitstreaming DSD selected; no encoding is selected in the DSP window.  My computer (an older Toshiba laptop) doesn't like the ASIO driver for whatever reason so I'm using the WASAPI direct driver.  I suspect this might be part of the problem since it's referred to in the error message.  The DAC is a Wyred 4 Sound DAC 2 DSD that is capable of DSD up to 256.  Any information would be helpful.  Thanks!

Also let me know if you can do PCM>DSD256 once you get the ASIO working:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,106659.0.html

I'm trying to compile a list of DACs that do this with no issue using MC.

MAK1138

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 07:42:05 am »

Thanks All.  I suspected it was a driver issue.  I'll post back if I can get the DSD256 to play. 

eddyshere

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2016, 03:18:28 pm »

I'm trying to compile a list of DACs that do this with no issue using MC.

I use an exasound e28 with which it works
Pages: [1]   Go Up