INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio settings  (Read 3837 times)

Nobiles

• Recent member
Audio settings
« on: August 23, 2016, 08:21:48 am »

Hi

I have installed JRiver four days ago for testing. I am bit confused about correct audio settings. My output device is "ATI HDMI (WASAPI)". Like everyone I would like to achive the most audiphile output possible. As I have seen in the settings, bitstreaming is not recommended. I connect my Media PC via HDMI with an A/V receiver (quite good DAC integrated). So would it not be the best to pass through the audio bits to the receiver directly?

Thank you very much!
Matt

astromo

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Audio settings
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 08:52:07 am »

I suggest you do some background reading (there's a fair bit to churn through):
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Audio_Setup
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Audiophile_Info

In those links, check out the subsequent links to WASAPI (Direct Sound is covered as well). In one of them it mentions that this mode has been the Windows MC default since version 18 (i think). If you're a simple user like me, just go for the default.

HDMI and WASAPI will give you bit perfect audio, so you won't do much better.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2016, 10:05:37 am »

Nobiles

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2016, 02:49:34 am »

Thanks for the response.

Without a doubt, JRiver is a huge improvment for me since I have used Windows Media Center in Windows Vista before. I will check the links you have recommended.
Pages: [1]   Go Up