INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 22 to Roku4 TV recordings  (Read 2170 times)

Jean Valjean

• Recent member
MC 22 to Roku4 TV recordings
« on: August 31, 2016, 11:26:02 am »

Is it possible to record TV with MC22, and stream those recordings to a Roku-4 ?  If so, what format should I record in, and what format to stream to the Roku-4?  I'm using the native Roku Media Player,  Windows 10 and evaluating a copy of MC.  When  I attempt to view the recorded video on my TV via Roku-4, I see the still image and correct recording information, date and time, but a 'unsupported format' message displayed by the Roku-4 when I select the video.

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC 22 to Roku4 TV recordings
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2016, 01:11:06 pm »

I don't have a Roku so I don't have an exact answer, but I think you are probably recording TV in the default JTV format (JRiver's own format). Select the "ts" format (i.e. standard "transport stream") to record in, and see if that plays on the Roku.

Jean Valjean

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2016, 12:03:42 pm »

I got further after first recording OTA in .ts, but now getting 'unsupported codec' message on Roku-4's Media Player  during playback of recorded TV, no matter which MC format I use - including all the H264 (which Roku supports).  So, apparently MC22 is not compatible with the newest Roku device. 

Thanks

Jean Valjean

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2016, 05:15:40 pm »

I can get it to work every time with .ts recordings.  First I set the MC mode to 'only use specified format when necessary' to navigate to the folder using Roku's media player. Once in the folder I change MC to 'use specifed format' which is H264-1080.  If I leave it at 'use specified mode', if failes with ' no supported video files found.'  Only after Roku sees the folder, can I set it to the correct format. Weird. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up