Devices > JRiver Id -- Hardware by JRiver

IdPi on mSD Card -- Available Now

(1/75) > >>

JimH:
We have just begun shipping a version of the Id for Raspberry Pi.   We're taking orders now.  It is shipped on a micro SD card.  You will also need a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B.

When you receive the card, just plug it in to the Pi, and you'll have the full Id experience:

It works as a DLNA Renderer, so you can play audio to it from another machine on the network.
It has some free storage available, so you can put a few files on it if you want to use it as a portable player.
It accepts USB drives with additional storage, and is controllable from Gizmo, JRemote, or Panel.

Includes Engen, JRiver's IoT lighting solution.

More about the Id family

Prices
Id Pi mSD with 16GB    $39.98

Shipping
Standard mail.  $5 US or Canada, $10 elsewhere.

How to Order
Please send a message to sales at jriver and indicate your Paypal address.  We'll send you a Paypal invoice.  When you pay it, we will ship the micro SD card within two days.

Instructions
Insert card and power up.

Id Instructions

Source for Raspberry Pi Model 3
Vilros at Amazon -- $49.99

fitbrit:
Very cool, Jim. Like this idea a lot.

mattkhan:
Looks like a nice move forward

I had 2 questions on this;

Why does this require a physical purchase (and associated shipping) as opposed to an image to download? Is the licence tied to the SD card guid?
What are the key advantages of the IdPi, which makes me think of calling it a Pid  :), over installing jriver linux on a.n.other pi distribution? that it makes it accessible to anyone as a turnkey solution? I suppose I could put this another way... what is the benefit of the Id Pi if one is familiar enough with linux to run jriver on it without a problem?)

JimH:
If you're comfortable with Linux, you can certainly build your own.  The Id has a few advantages.

We maintain it, including the OS. 
You can update by choosing the option from a menu.  This updates the OS, MC, and the Id system.
It can run in a GUI mode or it can run headless.
It includes Engen, our automated lighting system.
Panel can control it and can set it up
You can use Panel to reboot it or shut it down from any device.
You don't have to understand Linux or use it.

In general, it's more of an appliance than a computer.

We ship it on a card so it can be inserted in a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B and just boot.  We may make it available to download in the future. 

jachin99:
So can I build a little Ras Pi, stick this SD card in there, and plug in a z stick for a power efficient home automation server?  Can programs like Event Ghost be ran on this machine to fill in functionality gaps that JRiver might miss?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version