INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: IdPi on mSD Card -- Available Now  (Read 126855 times)

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: IdPi on mSD Card -- Available Now
« Reply #250 on: June 06, 2018, 06:39:56 pm »

I'm having an issue, in idpi mc24.
When I go into adjust the equalizer and close the window, MC shuts down and restarts.
Thanks, Andy
Could be related to the recent ALSA changes, I expect a new build within the next few days.

igor

• Recent member
« Reply #251 on: July 21, 2018, 11:40:14 am »

Hello ! Can I buy an image from you and pour it on a USB flash drive?
I can not wait long, I live very far!

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #252 on: July 21, 2018, 06:54:48 pm »

Hello ! Can I buy an image from you and pour it on a USB flash drive?
I can not wait long, I live very far!

From prior history, I'd expect you'll get a "no" response. Management may have changed their view. A response to watch out for.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #253 on: July 22, 2018, 12:30:08 am »

It's not available as a download.  Sorry.

igor

• Recent member
« Reply #254 on: August 14, 2018, 09:41:10 am »

Mailing it is not modern in our world. organize the download when paying please!

LawshrinkMD

• Recent member
« Reply #255 on: August 15, 2018, 10:13:54 am »

Yeah, I would think anyone planning on building a music server and adding on the DAC board probably knows how to burn an image onto a card  ;)

LeeLint

« Reply #256 on: August 23, 2018, 01:47:19 pm »

I just got mine. It won't let me register it via option 18!

registrationcode: error = there was a problem communicating with the license server
licence3 entry failed! Id is NOT licensed!

I'm showing I'm connected to the internet, so what I'm I doing incorrectly? need help!!!!

BradATIMA

« Reply #257 on: August 23, 2018, 02:14:14 pm »

I just got mine. It won't let me register it via option 18!

registrationcode: error = there was a problem communicating with the license server
licence3 entry failed! Id is NOT licensed!

I'm showing I'm connected to the internet, so what I'm I doing incorrectly? need help!!!!

The license server is still down, related to this: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,117123.msg810255.html

You can still use the IdPi for 30 days before it will require the license. The server will be back up before that time.

LawshrinkMD

• Recent member
« Reply #258 on: August 31, 2018, 05:38:27 pm »

I just received my upgraded memory card with MC24, but it won’t let me register.  I keep entering my code, and I clicked no for first time the code was used.  It just hangs, there’s a little window saying “ok” and then it says License entry failed. Id is not licensed.   I can’t even get to it anywhere.  I am connected to a monitor, I used to use this no problem before the upgrade.   Any ideas?   I was excited getting the card in the mail today, but frustrated now.

Thanks!

I found the post buried below about hitting 77 and then trying again.  All is good now

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #259 on: September 01, 2018, 12:10:57 am »

Use the text menu to enter the license.

The letter O and the number 0 look  alike.  So do the letter I and the number 1.

Duffin

• Recent member
« Reply #260 on: September 26, 2018, 06:45:33 am »

Received my MSD Card yesterday. Had a stupid issue getting the license installed but then....... brilliant. Running MC on an Intel NUC Id, "played to" the IdPi on RasberryPi with one click, this is connected per USB to a MINIDSP Active Crossover.........perfect. Sounds fantastic. Using PANEL is a joy, as is JRemote. This is really, really cool equipment. Thanks JRiver Team! You rock.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #261 on: September 26, 2018, 06:46:38 am »

You're welcome.  Thanks for taking the trouble to say so!

dcpete

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #262 on: January 29, 2019, 12:36:36 am »

Just got the mSD card today.  Using GUI mode for the time being.  Connected it to my monitor in my office, set up the mount for my NAS drive and imported my music.  All good there.  But when I move it to two different systems, I get video sizing problems and can't see the entire desktop.  In my movie room, with a projector, the sides are cut off and I don't even see the MC app, just the config panel, almost as if it's running 480p or something.  On my other system (LCD), it appears the overscan is wrong and my cursor scrolls off the screen on all 4 sides.  Both these systems are 1080p.  The screen is fine on my initial setup which is done directly connected to a 4k monitor.  Both systems are running through Denon receivers.  Any ideas how to fix this? 

Thanks, Chris

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #263 on: January 29, 2019, 02:37:48 am »

Did you try setting the GUI mode again?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #264 on: January 29, 2019, 10:39:20 am »

Also, make sure it's connected to the monitor/projector when you boot it. That's the only time the Pi reads the EDID from the monitor.

dcpete

• World Citizen
« Reply #265 on: January 29, 2019, 12:31:01 pm »

Also, make sure it's connected to the monitor/projector when you boot it. That's the only time the Pi reads the EDID from the monitor.

Did you try setting the GUI mode again?

Tried both of these.  No go.  It seems to come up in 480p mode, uggh.  Then when I VNC into it, it displays at that resolution as well.  Moving on.  The hdmi on this Raspberry seems incompatible with my projector.  Not a big deal, wanted it more for convenience.  I can control it through Panel and VNC and I have another monitor it works fine with in this room.

A bigger problem is I'm not getting any audio from hdmi or analog.  MC is playing, I can see that.  What am I missing?  HDMI is going directly into my Denon receiver, analog as well.  I've played with the audio settings from the menu, rebooted many times.  No go.  Also played with DSP in MC.  I want PCM out of the analog jacks.  I guess I don't care what format the audio is on hdmi, my receiver should be able to handle almost anything.  Do I need to set anything to make sure that happens?  My receiver tells me I'm not getting any signal on either input.

Chris

dcpete

• World Citizen
« Reply #266 on: January 29, 2019, 01:35:56 pm »

Box works fine in a different room with hdmi and analog...strange.  Seems to be a problem with my other receiver.  The receiver may be the culprit with the projector issue as well....trouble-shooting on my end now.

Thanks, Chris

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #267 on: January 31, 2019, 10:39:38 am »

Box works fine in a different rooem with hdmi and analog...strange.  Seems to be a problem with my other receiver.  The receiver may be the culprit with the projector issue as well....trouble-shooting on my end now.

Thanks, Chris
It still needs to get HDMI data from the receiver.
One thing you might try is to run option 17 on the text menu.
There is an option in there to force the audio to use the hdmi port.
Make sure that your audio device setting in MC is set to hw:CARD=ALSA:DEV=1 .... HDMI ...

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #268 on: February 08, 2019, 06:43:28 pm »

It still needs to get HDMI data from the receiver.
One thing you might try is to run option 17 on the text menu.
There is an option in there to force the audio to use the hdmi port.
Make sure that your audio device setting in MC is set to hw:CARD=ALSA:DEV=1 .... HDMI ...

I use a dummy plug on my Ids, along the lines of:
https://www.bonkersabouttech.com/gadgets/hdmi-dummy-plugs/503

This allows me to remote in without display issues. Works for me anyway.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

dcpete

• World Citizen
« Reply #269 on: February 12, 2019, 01:30:32 pm »

I have been having problems with a new Raspberry (think it's overheating) when loading library.  Along the way after clearing the library after crashes, it tells me I am no longer licensed and I can't load MC.  I don't remember ever getting a registration code and ordered it over the phone.  How do I go about getting the registration code for this card?

Thanks, Chris

Deanna

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #270 on: February 13, 2019, 10:04:10 am »

Chris, the email with your IdPi on mSD card has been re-sent to you.

dcpete

• World Citizen
« Reply #271 on: February 13, 2019, 12:01:14 pm »

Deanna,

My apologies.  I found the original e-mail and thanks for resending.  I forgot that was sent to me initially.

Thanks again,

Chris

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #272 on: February 14, 2019, 08:29:06 am »

I have been having problems with a new Raspberry (think it's overheating) when loading library.  Along the way after clearing the library after crashes, it tells me I am no longer licensed and I can't load MC.  I don't remember ever getting a registration code and ordered it over the phone.  How do I go about getting the registration code for this card?

Thanks, Chris
With regard to overheating, when you do the next upgrade there will be a system monitor available by right-clicking on the desktop to get the desktop menu.
With this you will be able to easily see if the IdPi is using lots of CPU and if so, what's using it.

marioed

« Reply #273 on: April 16, 2019, 12:39:10 pm »

Hi,
I wanted to see if the IdPi on mSD card works on the Raspberry Pi 3B+?
Regards,
Mario

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #274 on: April 16, 2019, 12:42:16 pm »

Yes, it does.

marioed

« Reply #275 on: April 16, 2019, 12:44:16 pm »

Hi Jim,
Thank you.
Regards,
Mario

cybervinay

• Recent member
« Reply #276 on: April 25, 2019, 12:17:58 pm »

I am trying to get my jriver ID micro SD card working on my pi3 b+ but not getting any sound from my dac.
I can see my chord dave dac under audio devices
Under audio mixer option I see the dave dac but not sure how to save the selection and exit.
On my dave dac screen i see no data under USB input selection

I can see the IDPI as renderer on my main jriver dektop PC which I am using as server. When I try to play to IDPI I see no progress and it keeps on skipping to next song in playlist and does not play any of them
Please suggest what to check next?

--Vinay

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #277 on: April 25, 2019, 12:23:42 pm »

I am trying to get my jriver ID micro SD card working on my pi3 b+ but not getting any sound from my dac.
I can see my chord dave dac under audio devices
Under audio mixer option I see the dave dac but not sure how to save the selection and exit.
On my dave dac screen i see no data under USB input selection

I can see the IDPI as renderer on my main jriver dektop PC which I am using as server. When I try to play to IDPI I see no progress and it keeps on skipping to next song in playlist and does not play any of them
Please suggest what to check next?

--Vinay
Using one of the 3 methods to connect to the MC GUI on the IdPi
(remote desktop, vnc or a monitor and keyboard on the iDPi in GUI mode)
in MC on the IdPi go into the tools->Options->Audio and under devices find the hw: or front: choice for your device and select it.

Alternately you can do this through Panel Settings if you aren't using the IdPi gui.

cybervinay

• Recent member
« Reply #278 on: April 25, 2019, 12:38:30 pm »

Using one of the 3 methods to connect to the MC GUI on the IdPi
(remote desktop, vnc or a monitor and keyboard on the iDPi in GUI mode)
in MC on the IdPi go into the tools->Options->Audio and under devices find the hw: or front: choice for your device and select it.

Alternately you can do this through Panel Settings if you aren't using the IdPi gui.

thanks, i made some progress and got the sound.
there are so many options from the drop-down to choose. Whats the equivalent option for WASAPI where its bit-streamed to DAC as i want DAC to decode everything. Currently I see the IDPI volume is working which should not be the case for bit-streaming

--Vinay

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #279 on: April 25, 2019, 12:53:08 pm »

thanks, i made some progress and got the sound.
there are so many options from the drop-down to choose. Whats the equivalent option for WASAPI where its bit-streamed to DAC as i want DAC to decode everything. Currently I see the IDPI volume is working which should not be the case for bit-streaming

--Vinay
Make sure system volume is at maximum by right-clicking on the speaker icon on the left of the volume slider and choosing system volume and setting it to max (works for some but not all devices)
If that doesn't work using the alsamixer control from the text menu to set it to maximum (if it has a volume control).
Then you can disable the MC volume control (right-click on the speaker icon on the left of the volume slider).

Choosing the HW: device avoids all use of the system sample rate conversions, etc.

You will want to make sure DSP studio is off or only to set to deal with sample rates that your DAC can't handle.
You can prevent it from being invoked on playback failure by setting Tools->Options->Audio->Advanced->Auto configure output settings on playback error to NO

Do you have any dsd material?

cybervinay

• Recent member
« Reply #280 on: April 25, 2019, 01:03:21 pm »

Make sure system volume is at maximum by right-clicking on the speaker icon on the left of the volume slider and choosing system volume and setting it to max (works for some but not all devices)
If that doesn't work using the alsamixer control from the text menu to set it to maximum (if it has a volume control).
Then you can disable the MC volume control (right-click on the speaker icon on the left of the volume slider).

Choosing the HW: device avoids all use of the system sample rate conversions, etc.

You will want to make sure DSP studio is off or only to set to deal with sample rates that your DAC can't handle.
You can prevent it from being invoked on playback failure by setting Tools->Options->Audio->Advanced->Auto configure output settings on playback error to NO

Do you have any dsd material?

Thanks Bob, i am all set. Have selected HW: option only and have disabled volume control

Only thing I now need to compare is how this two box setup compares to my initial one PC setup with all jriver functions on it
I prefer to use one PC setup, and Chord Dave is excellent in itself.

--Vinay

CitRocker

« Reply #281 on: April 30, 2019, 09:54:47 am »

Hi, I would like to be able to download I as an image not getting it by purchasing a MicroSD card and then getting it via shipping across the globe. This should be no problem if you added a link when buying. I think you would get more people interesting of buying. 

avpman

• Galactic Citizen
  • Dad to three beatuiful Boxers by rescue.
« Reply #282 on: April 30, 2019, 10:15:53 am »

Hi, I would like to be able to download ID as an image not getting it by purchasing a MicroSD card and then getting it via shipping across the globe. This should be no problem if you added a link when buying. I think you would get more people interesting of buying.

I think the physical card may have some sort of copy protection on it. I tried to make an image of it for backup purposes. The image creation always fails at the same spot. If that's true, it's likely why they don't provide a download option.  ?

Laleluli

• Recent member
« Reply #283 on: May 15, 2019, 02:54:42 pm »

Hi, got my mSDcard today and tried to access the PI via a SSH Client on my iPad for configuration. When I try to connect to the IP address and port 22 it says 'Login as' and a password is needed. In the forum I read the inital password is remote. Is that correct and what is the login name? Nothing worked what I tried but it was more a guessing…
Thanks in advance!  Looking forward to to working with the Pi but as I see it now it won't be a walk in the park as a nwebie.

Laleluli

• Recent member
« Reply #284 on: May 16, 2019, 04:14:06 am »

Got it. Downloaded the VNC Viewer for Windows and it worked with "remote" w/o quotation marks.

Plums

« Reply #285 on: June 18, 2019, 08:01:39 am »

Hi there all. I've been browsing articles and posts - thanks for all the insights - here on this IdPi and this might be something I'll take up. I had been thinking, for quite some time, of setting up a NAS, but can see this is not the recommended route for JRiver (now). My laptop is ageing and I don't therefore use it so much; now might therefore be the time to go for a new home streaming option. I do still use CDs from time-to-time (nostalgia?) and enjoy Qobuz, but would like to access my own library on a home network again.

When I ripped all my CDs to MC I bought a separate  Lacie hard drive specifically for the purpose. It's not really feasible in my domestic situation now to have a laptop out and on all the time (and start-up is slow). My question, therefore, to double-check before investing, is this: can I plug my hard drive in to a Raspberry Pi via a USB cable, and Pi then on via USB to my DAC? I would see this as an always-on music solution.

I love the idea of being able to continue to use MC and this dedicated solution looks great. Albeit I am nervous about such a different computer model and set-up?

avpman

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #286 on: June 18, 2019, 08:16:17 am »

I suspect the first obstacle would be that the partition format of your drive might not work with the Pi O/S. If there is such a thing, you'd need an O/S driver for your external hard drive's format. See more info here:

https://tinyurl.com/y72rg7m2

Plums

« Reply #287 on: June 18, 2019, 09:14:32 am »

Thank you, AVPMAN, for the link. See, I guessed there could be loads I might be missing here. From what I recall on first using the Lacie unit, it was a FAT32 format.

Looks pretty scary all this entering code stuff. My '80s schooldays and BASIC on a BBC Micro & ZX Spectrum seem a *long* way back!

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #288 on: June 18, 2019, 09:23:33 am »

Thank you, AVPMAN, for the link. See, I guessed there could be loads I might be missing here. From what I recall on first using the Lacie unit, it was a FAT32 format.

Looks pretty scary all this entering code stuff. My '80s schooldays and BASIC on a BBC Micro & ZX Spectrum seem a *long* way back!
If it's FAT32 it will work fine.

Plums

« Reply #289 on: June 18, 2019, 10:59:05 am »

OK, Bob. Thank you.

I guess I'm going to have to try this, aren't I?

But do I have the basics right: a RPi with your MC-loaded Id microSD card, drawing music files off a HDD, playing out of USB into my DAC, controlled by Gizmo?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #290 on: June 18, 2019, 11:22:40 am »

OK, Bob. Thank you.

I guess I'm going to have to try this, aren't I?

But do I have the basics right: a RPi with your MC-loaded Id microSD card, drawing music files off a HDD, playing out of USB into my DAC, controlled by Gizmo?
Yes!
The only limitation for Music using an IdPi are files that might need conversion for your DAC that the RPi might not have enough horsepower for, for example multichannel DSD files.

I use a similar setup at home.

avpman

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #291 on: June 18, 2019, 12:15:21 pm »

Yes!
The only limitation for Music using an IdPi are files that might need conversion for your DAC that the RPi might not have enough horsepower for, for example multichannel DSD files.

I use a similar setup at home.

Maybe not enough horsepower for Theater View also?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #292 on: June 18, 2019, 01:04:30 pm »

Maybe not enough horsepower for Theater View also?
Correct. You'd need an IdNUC for that..

Plums

« Reply #293 on: June 18, 2019, 01:10:32 pm »

OK, I'm officially a bit excited about this again. No multichannel, no DSD - pretty much all red book 16/44.1 WAV rips. I guess it might be a good idea to 'tidy up' the drive, connected to the laptop, EG for duplicates, 'split' (usually various artists) albums and any missing artwork, first before this new venture.

kr4

• MC Beta Team
Re: Id Pi on mSD Card -- Available Now
« Reply #294 on: September 13, 2019, 01:30:14 pm »

The Id Pi is very similar to a standard Id which is MC running on linux which boots by default headlessly as a standalone renderer.
The limitations are:..............................2) Other limitations because of the speed of the RPi (no multichannel HDMI for instance). Likely a limit on how much DSP processing can be done.

How about multichannel out via USB?  DSD?
Kal Rubinson
"Music in the Round"
Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

LYC

« Reply #295 on: November 09, 2019, 04:20:24 am »

Some questions I had re IdPi on mSD card purchase & hope that anyone can help :-)

1) If I purchase it & install on a RPI 3B+ now, will I be able to re-install the same card on a new RPI4 should I decide to upgrade my HW later ?
2) What is the shipping method you apply when shipping the mSD card internationally ? ( is it by international postage or by courier package ?)
3) The current version is MC25, right ? Will it get updated to MC26, 27 & so on when the upgraded version is available in future ? And is the update/upgrade to later MC version included in the purchase price of $40 ?
4) Currently I have MC25 windows license & install it on a PC. If I buy the IdPi card now (MC25), I guest both should work with each other. In future, if IdPi version get updated/upgraded to later version but my Window version remains at MC25, will it cause any compatibility issue that will force me to also need to pay & upgrade the Window version in tandem with the IdPi version ?

Thanking you in advance.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #296 on: November 09, 2019, 06:32:01 am »

The IdPi microSD card works on both RPi3 and 4.

It's shipped by mail.

It's MC25.  The version will sometimes lag the Windows version to assure absolute stability.

It works with recent Windows versions of MC back to MC22. 

LYC

« Reply #297 on: November 09, 2019, 07:59:53 am »

The IdPi microSD card works on both RPi3 and 4.

It's shipped by mail.

It's MC25.  The version will sometimes lag the Windows version to assure absolute stability.

It works with recent Windows versions of MC back to MC22.

Thanks Jim.
Just want to ensure that I understand your reply correctly. What you are saying is that I can purchase a IdPi on mSD card now & install it on my existing RPI3B+. In future, when I upgrade my HW to a RPI 4, I can install the same IdPi mSD card on the RPI 4 without any licensing issue. I do not need to purchase a new IdPi mSD card.
Also, when later version (says MC26 & MC27..) of IdPi is available, the MC25 version I purchased will be updated (or upgraded) to the later version (says MC26 & MC27..) free of charge.
Is my above understanding correct, Jim ?
Thanks.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #298 on: November 11, 2019, 09:35:58 am »

Thanks Jim.
Just want to ensure that I understand your reply correctly. What you are saying is that I can purchase a IdPi on mSD card now & install it on my existing RPI3B+. In future, when I upgrade my HW to a RPI 4, I can install the same IdPi mSD card on the RPI 4 without any licensing issue. I do not need to purchase a new IdPi mSD card.
Also, when later version (says MC26 & MC27..) of IdPi is available, the MC25 version I purchased will be updated (or upgraded) to the later version (says MC26 & MC27..) free of charge.
Is my above understanding correct, Jim ?
Thanks.
The card will run in a 3b+ as well as a Rpi4. You will need to re-enter your license key when you change hardware.
The Id license is attached to the hardware not the version of MC. The Id originally started using MC20 and is now on MC25 and will track future changes.

dcpete

• World Citizen
« Reply #299 on: June 25, 2020, 06:59:11 am »

What is the latest on the IdPI?  Does it run on the Raspberry 4?  I abandoned the 3+ because it couldn't handle Theater View, plus it was unstable.  The PI 4 has 4 times the memory and slightly faster CPU.  It's got to help.  What's the lowdown?

Thanks, Chris
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up