More > JRiver Media Center 22 for Windows

NEW: View Extras

(1/20) > >>

JimH:
MC 22.0.22 and above allow you to view files associated with the file you're viewing.

Right click on the file and choose "View Extras".  This menu is available whenever MC finds other files alongside the primary files.

It can be used, for example, to view a PDF file that is a digital copy of the CD booklet.  Or it could be used to view artist images.

The files must be in the same directory.

ferday:
So far it's working well for me, I'm an easy user case since I don't make sub-sub folders for the ancillaries and I keep to normal formats

Great feature guys!

Claude Lapalme:
I did mention that in the build thread, but this is a more appropriate in this topic and I apologize for the apparent cross-posting.

Most of my extras are in separate subfolders called "extras" or "scans". The content of those subfolders is accessible with JRemote, but not with this new feature using Media Player, as indicated in Jim's post. As this practice keeps my folders tidy, I wonder if this new feature could be extended to subfolders as well. It seems very strange to have this sort of behaviour asymmetry between Media Player and JRemote.

Matt:

--- Quote from: Claude Lapalme on August 30, 2016, 11:23:56 am ---Most of my extras are in separate subfolders called "extras" or "scans". The content of those subfolders is accessible with JRemote, but not with this new feature using Media Player, as indicated in Jim's post. As this practice keeps my folders tidy, I wonder if this new feature could be extended to subfolders as well. It seems very strange to have this sort of behaviour asymmetry between Media Player and JRemote.

--- End quote ---

Coming next build:
Changed: Sidecar searching for the "View Extras" menu also looks in subfolders called "Extras" or "Scans".

Just let us know if there are other common subfolder names.

Claude Lapalme:

--- Quote from: Matt on August 30, 2016, 11:33:03 am ---Coming next build:
Changed: Sidecar searching for the "View Extras" menu also looks in subfolders called "Extras" or "Scans".

Just let us know if there are other common subfolder names.

--- End quote ---

With pleasure:

pdf
pdfs
booklet

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version