INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Customize Display  (Read 4061 times)

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Customize Display
« on: August 30, 2016, 01:52:11 pm »

this produces a R at the end of version info when MC is idle...any thoughts would be helpful...I have tried spaces different #s (the #9 is what tells me MC version) this code is in stop mode. All the other modes with expressions are working correctly.

<font color="1589FF">Player Left([MC.Version],9)<//font> ([Library])
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

marko

• MC Beta Team
Re: Customize Display
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 02:01:16 pm »

because 22.0.21 is only seven characters, and you've asked for the first 9

Try this instead, same result, but you don't have to worry about the length of the version number. " Registered" will always be eleven characters ;)

removeright([mc.version],11)

~OHM~

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 02:19:20 pm »

thanks mako...that turns the r into REG    if I add a 1 or higher in front of the 9 it gives me the full 'Registered'
so now that I have rebooted MC 22 after this new install (I used my backup from my currently running MC 20) and changed the # back to 8, it is as expected....after I installed the backup, MC 22 was saying the info for 20 but now Its all good....thanks for taking a look and giving me the info about the length.....
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

blgentry

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2016, 02:35:20 pm »

Strangely enough, [MC.Version] gives me nothing in MC22 for Mac.  [app version] gives me 22.0.22 (the current numerical version).  [App Name] gives JRiver Media Center 22 .

What text do you want to see?  Or maybe you've already got it all figured out.  I'm not sure what you guys are after with the registered versus unregistered text.

Brian.

~OHM~

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2016, 02:47:48 pm »

Strangely enough, [MC.Version] gives me nothing in MC22 for Mac.  [app version] gives me 22.0.22 (the current numerical version).  [App Name] gives JRiver Media Center 22 .

What text do you want to see?  Or maybe you've already got it all figured out.  I'm not sure what you guys are after with the registered versus unregistered text.

Brian.
Yes I did get it sorted out. Thanks for asking.

It's just easy to see right off the bat what version your on, if you need to update it and such. I just like to know where I'm at with the versions as I don't allow auto update to run. In play mode I can see all sorts of goodies up there with my tweaked display mode....Brian It surprises me that you don't have a cheep windows machine and a master license. I always enjoy reading your posts and find them very helpful along with a large hand full of others here on Interact. marco you are included in that handful. there have been a few missing the last few months tho....maybe summer vacation.

blgentry

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2016, 03:02:24 pm »

Brian It surprises me that you don't have a cheep windows machine and a master license. I always enjoy reading your posts and find them very helpful along with a large hand full of others here on Interact

I do have a master license and I have windows XP and MC22 in a Virtual Machine (VM).  I've been starting that VM up more and more lately to try to help with Windows specific behaviors.  But this is sort of "new" for me, so I don't keep it running all the time and I sometimes forget that it's there.  :)

Thanks for the kind words.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up