INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Girder GML file  (Read 2953 times)

Agonostis

• Junior Woodchuck
Girder GML file
« on: July 29, 2003, 12:51:02 pm »

Just wondering if the GML file distributed with the newest MC builds has changed since March (build 131 I believe).

I've been struggling with targetting issues in the panes (multiple instances of SysList32) and thought that perhaps the work had already been done.

Thanks!

-Robert

bspachman

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Girder GML file
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2003, 05:49:06 pm »

Just wondering if the GML file distributed with the newest MC builds has changed since March (build 131 I believe).

I've been struggling with targetting issues in the panes (multiple instances of SysList32) and thought that perhaps the work had already been done.

Well, I haven't looked at any of the betas of 9.1. Not through lack of desire, mind you, but only because I've had almost no free time. I believe the version being distributed with 9.0.x works pretty well with the 9.1.x series, but I can see that panes may be a problem...

I suspect that the solution will either need to be a way to address the various panes--that solution will have to come from Matt & the gang--or a way to consistently navigate using the keyboard. If keyboard control works consistenly, you can just create Girder commands for the navigation keys you need.

Once those are created, I'd probably also have a command to set the pane focus to a known state, then use the macro function on my remote (or a Girder multi-group) to set the pane focus, then navigate to my heart's content.

Hopefully, the development pace will slow down in the next few weeks and I'll come up with some free time to play....

Best,
Brad

slikvik

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2003, 02:00:14 am »

As people have probably seen, I've been asking for these for some time now, for exactly this reason. We need shortcuts between Tree, Panes and List
(Maybe CTRL+1, CTRL+2, CTRL+3)

as well as various Play types
(ENTER = Play All (Replace) SHIFT+ENTER = Play One (Replace), CTRL+ENTER = Add Playing Now (End))

Cheers

LisaRCT

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2003, 04:56:38 am »

I love MC9 and MC9.1 even more, but this Girder thing is beyond me.
I assume I am like a number of others and are at the mercy of someone releasing a good GML.
Better yet, I keep hoping that someone can/will eventually make a file to integrate my ATi RF Remote directly into MC9.1.  (crossing fingers)

wallyworld

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2003, 04:09:00 pm »

And I keep hoping that each new beta of 9.1 will bring back support for the X10 Mouse. Girder is way beyond my needs. X10 support in 9.0 provided all the remote control I require.

jfmus

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2003, 06:15:31 pm »

I love MC9 and MC9.1 even more, but this Girder thing is beyond me.
I assume I am like a number of others and are at the mercy of someone releasing a good GML.
Better yet, I keep hoping that someone can/will eventually make a file to integrate my ATi RF Remote directly into MC9.1.  (crossing fingers)

LisaRCT - The files are out there for the ati remote. It is pretty easy to setup. I am using the ati remote and it works great. Far better than the mouse remote. Here is a link to the zip file that I downloaded and used. You have to copy a dll into the girder directory, and the ati remote directory. Then load both. Then just map the buttons using the gml file that JRiver has provided along with the learn function. Let me know if I can help. I can also send you my gml file if you want it.

JFMUS

http://www.johnfest.com/stuff/ati_remote_wonder_girder_plugins.zip

Agonostis

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2003, 09:47:04 pm »

I totally agree with the play types.  Enter can only be one after all.

As for the pane targetting, I finally got it to work the way I wanted by not specifying any targetting at all.  Now remote control buttons girder-mapped to the arrow keys behave as expected.  Of course, I think this solution is rather inelegant, but it works for now.

slikvik

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2003, 01:48:42 am »

Do you think anyones listening?  :)

LisaRCT

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2003, 06:55:31 am »

NOPE, not a soul is LISTENING !!  

but there may be a few READING   :P

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2003, 07:53:49 am »

Slik,
We read them all.  It's just that your priorities may not match ours.  Eventually a lot of things can happen.

Jim

slikvik

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2003, 11:38:10 am »

Jim,

I know you do mate! Just kidding.

Cheers

Vic

Pages: [1]   Go Up