INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: To be recorded list limited to 14 days?  (Read 2806 times)

imeric

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
To be recorded list limited to 14 days?
« on: September 06, 2016, 07:39:51 pm »

Even though I can subscribe to a recording that is more than 14 days from now, the "To Be recorded list doesn't seem to go beyond 14 days.

Hopefully this can be increased to 21 days...

Thx

CountryBumkin

Re: To be recordd list limited to 14 days?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2016, 05:18:44 am »

+1
I get guide data for 21 days. It makes sense to have the Scheduled To Record view go out as far.
It would be nice to see that the season premiers for TV series I subscribe to (starting end of Sep and early Oct) are set to record.

imeric

• MC Beta Team
Re: To be recordd list limited to 14 days?
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 06:37:52 am »

That's exactly what I was doing as well :)

For shows starting in October not yet in the guide I just took a dummy show, created a subscription and modified it with proper names in the rule. Hopefully that will work...I don't see why not and its easy to do!

Again those shows are appearing on more than one HD channel... I wish I could favour one over the other...

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
Re: To be recorded list limited to 14 days?
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2016, 09:14:42 pm »

Did you guys try changing the start Date and Time in the "To Be Recorded" display?

I only get 7 days of EPG, but the To Be Recorded display Date can be changed to three weeks out. Of course I only have one weeks of scheduled recordings, so that is all that is displayed.

EDIT:
Okay, I set up a recording out in December, and it didn't display in the "To Be Recorded" list. I agree that is should display there. In fact, the list should display anything that has been scheduled to be recorded, without restriction.

In fact even if I set a recording to October 4th, which I can set as the data to display from, it doesn't show. Or September 28th. September 27th is the first date that displays regardless of the start Date set in "To Be Recorded". As it is currently September 14th here, that is exactly two weeks out, counting today.

So the display is definitely limited yo 14 days inclusive of today. That shouldn't be necessary these days, with PC speed and storage.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2016, 05:37:24 pm »

Are you guys talking about Theater view or standard view?

I have not looked into Theater view yet.  For Standard view, the hard-coded time limit is 60 days.

The "To be recorded" view is based on program entries and therefore will only display as far in the future as you have your programs.  EPG programs will unlikely to be available longer than 60 days in the future, therefore the 60 day limit on displaying "To be recorded" is not really a problem.  Time-based recordings are not shown unless they are already associated with a program (i.e. at the time you schedule it, there is already a program entry for that time slot, even if it is a dummy entry).
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2016, 06:10:47 pm »

I was looking at Standard View, and I was creating a time based recording in the future, past the time that EPG data existed. Even dummy data, which goes out two weeks.

So your description explains what I observed. I expected time based recordings to be shown regardless, as they don't need an associated program in order to work. At least, I assume they don't.

What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

CountryBumkin

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2016, 07:30:55 am »

This is what I'm seeing:
1) I have guide data out to Oct 5 (Standard View). I see a couple of Episodes that should record (they are not already in my database).

2) I check the "To Be Recorded" listings, and those shows airing in Oct are not listed to record.

I see that episode 1, season 1 is scheduled to record on Sep 28 so maybe this is why it is not showing the "record icon" for the Oct 1 airing. But then why is the Oct 5th show (episode 3, season 1) not showing as to be recorded? I have no Season 1 episodes in my database.

My subscription rules do not "exclude" these shows from recording. Why are they not showing in the To Be Recorded list?

It's not really a big deal since I check my To Be Recorded list at least a couple of times a week - but if this can be fixed - why not?
Thanks

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2016, 07:40:44 am »

In standard view it will only show 14 days I see the exact same thing as CountryBumkin. So if it's hard coded to 60 days...There is another code somewhere limiting it to 14 days...

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2016, 08:28:32 am »

OK, I will take another look.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up