INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: sling tv  (Read 3621 times)

thane108

• World Citizen
sling tv
« on: March 02, 2015, 07:29:18 pm »

Has anyone managed to incorporate the sling tv program into JRiver?

I seem to recall that there have been work-arounds to call a program from within JRiver then exit back to JRiver.

Would be great to have it incorporated.

Sorry if this is a duplicate post - my search didn't find anything though I can't believe this hasn't surfaced.  Please direct me to the appropriate posting if there is one.
Perseverance wins out in the end!

drosene

• Recent member
Re: sling tv
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2016, 09:22:41 pm »

I am also amazed that this subject has not stimulated intense discussion! As a long time MCE and MC user I am getting more desperate for a DVR replacement. Sling TV is on the bleeding edge for Cord Cutter's with Streaming packages that include the most critical channels. The one thing missing from other products compatible with Sling TV is DVR functionality. If JRiver can deliver that we would be complete ;D

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2016, 03:04:30 pm »

I'm not familiar with Sling TV - so I went to their site, it looks pretty good.

But if I understand the service correctly, you tune into the channel and watch whatever is playing at the moment. Is that correct? You don't go to the channel (station) and select from a list of shows or episode that are available.  If this is correct, then you need a "Program Guide" (is the a guide at the Sling TV site? I didn't notice) to know what's playing at what time and on what channel, and some way to record the show in case your not home.

flydeep

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2016, 06:59:30 pm »

Stumbled upon here looking for JRiver + sling TV options. Has someone looked into this?
--
Win 8.1 Pro (GTX 960, BENQ HT1075), Win 10 Pro (GTX 950, Sony KDLW900A) KVMs on Unraid 6.1.9, 8GB DDR3 +2 vCPU each, i7-4790, Asrock Z97 ex6, Denon 3313CI, Emotiva XPA5 amp, KEF Q900s, 600c, Mirage OMD15s, PSA 3x XS30SE

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2016, 01:22:23 pm »

Sling is locked down pretty hard.

They need to at least incorporate remote control access or an API to be feasible for an HTPC.
Pages: [1]   Go Up