INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Read-only import error  (Read 1453 times)

sadaunhe1

• Recent member
Read-only import error
« on: September 06, 2016, 04:04:57 pm »

Hello, I am receiving this error MANY times, all apparently from the same library location. The messages are all of the following form:

File read-only: \\servername\music\iTunes Library\filename.extension

I'm an MC newbie and I have tried to find a solution from the previous posts, but can't seem to get a handle on where to start looking for the problem. It's EXTREMELY annoying, as these messages appear every time I start MC22, build 22.0.21. I'm running MC22 under Win10. What have I done wrong?!

Scott D.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Read-only import error
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 04:11:03 pm »

I would guess that MC is trying to write to these files.  Probably updating some of the metadata tags.  There are at least 2 solutions:

1.  Make your network share read/write instead of read only.  Then MC can write to your files.
2.  If you don't want any writes to happen, then turn off MC's option to update tags:

Tools > Options > General > Importing & Tagging > update tags when file info changes > (uncheck)

Brian.

sadaunhe1

• Recent member
Re: Read-only import error
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2016, 05:20:06 pm »

Brian,

Thanks for the help. This has been driving me crazy. Based on what I see happening, the security settings for the share were the problem. Hopefully, this problem has been fixed  :) Thanks!

Scott D.
Pages: [1]   Go Up