INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Raspberry Pi & Id to more than one device?  (Read 1635 times)

DaveT1081

• Recent member
Raspberry Pi & Id to more than one device?
« on: September 08, 2016, 09:45:54 am »

A couple of stupid (?) questions as I'm a bit of a novice on all this networking stuff and being of moderate means I try to get the most bang.

First, I have files on an NAS and on a wifi-ac connected laptop (running MC21),  Can the Raspberry Id access all those files at once presuming my laptop in the other room is powered up and has file sharing enabled?  In other words, for a mix-match NAS/laptop playlist?

Will the Raspberry work with a Dragonfly USB DAC (original model)?

As a side note, does this set-up not support video because of Id or the hardware? Would external graphics card enable video?

If all that works, the Raspberry/Id sounds like an excellent cheap option to avoid having to take my laptop to the living room stereo all the time.   Thanks in advance.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Raspberry Pi & Id to more than one device?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 01:21:54 pm »

A couple of stupid (?) questions as I'm a bit of a novice on all this networking stuff and being of moderate means I try to get the most bang.

First, I have files on an NAS and on a wifi-ac connected laptop (running MC21),  Can the Raspberry Id access all those files at once presuming my laptop in the other room is powered up and has file sharing enabled?  In other words, for a mix-match NAS/laptop playlist?
I think this should work. It depends a bit on setup. How you access the files from the Id Pi and what kind of files they are will have some bearing.
Will the Raspberry work with a Dragonfly USB DAC (original model)?
Yes, the test setup here uses a Dragonfly USB DAC
As a side note, does this set-up not support video because of Id or the hardware? Would external graphics card enable video?

If all that works, the Raspberry/Id sounds like an excellent cheap option to avoid having to take my laptop to the living room stereo all the time.   Thanks in advance.
No video support is because of the the limited hardware support for video on the Pi and the lack of an interface for that in MC on arm.
Pages: [1]   Go Up