INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Missing Cover Art  (Read 5095 times)

geogil

• Recent member
Missing Cover Art
« on: September 10, 2016, 05:15:02 pm »

Hello,

I'm having trouble viewing my cover art and I did not see a post that directly addressed my problem. After I upgraded from MC21 to MC22 about 95% of my cover art is missing in all View modes.

I can click on the thumbnail location, (the musical cleft sign), in the standard View mode for example, and rebuild them individually but there are thousands of files. I have not had much success with selecting more than 100 individual files at a time when I attempt to rebuild the thumbnails. If I select many more than that the program freezes.

I compared which cover art options I had selected in the previous version, MC21, and they match for both versions. The cover art is located in the same location as the audio files.

All of my audio files are located on a Synology NAS server that is accessed through the network and viewed on a desktop PC running Windows 10.

Hopefully, there is a simple solution to remedy this issue. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.
George

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Missing Cover Art
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2016, 05:38:48 pm »

Tell MC to rebuild *all* of your missing thumbnails at once:

Tools > Options > Tree & View > Thumbnails > Build Missing Thumbnails...

It might take a few hours depending on how many you have.  Just let it run and you should be ok.

Brian.

geogil

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2016, 01:10:08 pm »

Hello Brian,

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, I tried the solution that you recommended and the art work is still missing, essentially there was no change.

Under "File Location" I have the  Cover Art option pointed at the folder on the NAS server where all the files are located and "at the same folder as the file (as Folder.jpg).

Actually I tried all three options under this heading with the same result.  In the left hand Action Window, the build thumbnail window flashes a couple of times and that's it.

blgentry

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2016, 02:23:15 pm »

Unfortunately, I tried the solution that you recommended and the art work is still missing, essentially there was no change.

Hmm. You said "rebuild thumbnail" was working.  Does it still work when you do that one album at a time?  I'm guessing it does not work.

Under "File Location" I have the  Cover Art option pointed at the folder on the NAS server where all the files are located and "at the same folder as the file (as Folder.jpg).

MC will only look for art in your Cover Art folder location when you set the Audio Mode option to "in specified folder".  After you change this option, you might need to exit the view you are in and come back to it.  It's probably safest to quit MC altogether, then re-start it.  That way you can be sure it is honoring the option for Cover art that you just set.

Brian.

geogil

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2016, 04:58:09 pm »

Yes, I can rebuild one thumbnail at a time. E.g. I can right click on an album>Cover Art>Rebuild Thumbnail and it works.

Even if I restart MC22 after changing the cover art file location there is still no response.

blgentry

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2016, 07:21:14 pm »

That's rather confusing. I'm not sure what to make of it.

Maybe someone else knows more about this.

Brian.

DJLegba

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2016, 07:27:22 pm »

After upgrading did you restore your MC 21 library backup?

geogil

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2016, 11:00:26 pm »

No, I did not restore the MC21 Library back up; I am not sure how to do that. I just let the program's installer do its thing.

DJLegba

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2016, 09:17:56 am »

No, I did not restore the MC21 Library back up; I am not sure how to do that. I just let the program's installer do its thing.

On the File menu, choose Library, then Restore Library. Media Centre does automatic backups, so there will be a backup file from MC21. After you click Restore Library click the Browse button. Locating the last MC21 backup will not be difficult.

Before doing this, back up the MC22 library so you can recover if the MC21 library restore does something you don't want.

geogil

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2016, 08:35:24 pm »

This solution seemed to fix the problem

I appreciate everyone's help.

Thanks again
Pages: [1]   Go Up