INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem: MC22 hangs when playback device disappears  (Read 1546 times)

ti_dust

• Recent member
Problem: MC22 hangs when playback device disappears
« on: September 12, 2016, 03:35:17 pm »

This is a weird one - I don't know if it has happened on previous versions or not.  My setup is: PC Win10 Home x64 1607 > JRiver 22.0.21 > Kernel Streaming > Gustard U12 XMOS USB to SPDIF converter > DAC/amp/etc.

My playback device is an external USB device.  When the playback device disappears during playback, meaning the device is turned off or unplugged, Media Center hangs.  I go into task manager and try to end task manually but receive "access is denied" message.  Logging out of Windows and back in still leaves the .exe running.  I need to reboot the entire machine to get things back to normal.

I have no idea if this behavior is new or old.  It's certainly not a scenario that happens a lot, but it has actually happened to me twice this past week (LOL!)  I attached log files produced when I duplicated the behavior, in case they help.  The "previous log" file probably contains what is needed... the "log.txt" was probably written when I tried restarting MC and it ran in read-only mode.

Let me know if I can be of any more help!

My system info from MC 22.0.21 is also attached.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Problem: MC22 hangs when playback device disappears
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2016, 09:53:26 am »

I tried to reproduce this by playing to a Mytek I've got sitting around and turning it off mid playback.

I tried with both WASAPI and ASIO output and in both cases playback just stopped nicely.

There was no hang.

So I'm puzzled.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2016, 10:04:15 am »

Found it!

Coming next build:
Fixed: When Kernel Streaming, shutting down the device would hang if it had gone away.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

ti_dust

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2016, 03:45:55 pm »

Thanks Matt!  I know it was a very obscure hang but it's nice to know it will be fixed next time my dog tears out the USB cable from my PC, haha!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up