INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Installing license using mjr-File: not working on Win10, Win8.1 Parallels, Mac  (Read 2562 times)

pschelbert

• Galactic Citizen

Hi

just to inform:
Installing the license via clicking on the mjr-File does work on Win7
It does not work on: Win10, Win8.1, Win8.1 on Parallels (Mac), Mac OSX: The Mac is the same machine

This behaviour was the same earlier days with MC21.
However restoring every time worked for Win8.1, Win8.1 on parallels (Mac) and Mac OSX

It not really an issue, just not very convenient, some trial and error though.

Peter

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

The Install Key method should work for all Windows versions (at least).

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Restoring_a_License

MC must be installed first for this to work.

pschelbert

• Galactic Citizen

Hi

Yes, I always installed first the MC22 software, closed it, clicke on the mrj-file.

I had the same issue in MC21.

Everytime restoring worked. As long as there are enough restores its not a serious issue. However you may look once a the licensing process.

Peter

blgentry

Sometimes when you have an earlier version installed, it "eats" the MJR license, as the earlier version is associated with the MJR file type. Using "open with" and directing it to MC22 might work.

Brian.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team

I'm with Brian on this one. My upgrade from MC21 to MC22 didn't handle File Associations well at all. Lots of files types remained associated with MC21 when I had told the MC22 installation to associate them with MC22. I had to manually go through the associations in Windows and fix them, as well as check them in MC22.

You can fix the Windows File Associations, or open with MC22 as Brian suggests. I have always added licences using the mjr file, and it has always worked.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

pschelbert

• Galactic Citizen

Hi

okay, a good tip. I will try that and check about the associations. This may be the issue.

Peter

pschelbert

• Galactic Citizen

Hi
the mjr-File is now associated with MC22, but this may not have been the case at the moment i tried to install the license.
I disovered under "associations" a lot of files still associate with MC20, MC21!
I have to change that.

Peter
Pages: [1]   Go Up