INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Movies cover art location  (Read 4433 times)

kolia

• World Citizen
Movies cover art location
« on: May 23, 2017, 03:15:19 am »

Hello,
Using MC22, I'd like to make sure, before I hit the scan button, that movies cover art are stored at the same place as the Series/Season covert art http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,110704.0.html. I haven't changed the cover art default path.

In other words, I don't want them in the movie file folder.

Thank you

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Movies covert art location
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2017, 05:41:30 am »

The Cover art document says that Video cover art can go in the Videos sub-directory of the Covers folder that you have configured in options.  It also mentions a Files subdirectory.  I just tried Video, Files, Movies, and straight in the Covers directory.  None of these worked for a movie cover.  The only thing that would show up is having the cover in the same folder as the movie file itself.

I'm not sure how it's supposed to work, but those are the results of my experiment.  For the record, I have hundreds of movies, all in one folder, with all of their cover art in that same folder and their XML sidecar files there too.  It seems to work just fine.

Good luck.

Brian.

kolia

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2017, 06:59:32 am »

Thanks blgentry. As a matter of fact that was my first experiment and it geopardized my Plex cover art system. It was pretty easy to delete everything, though. However I was wondering (hoping) whether there is a way to get it working differently as for Series.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2017, 10:22:51 pm »

Sadly, I think this is not possible.

marko

• MC Beta Team
Re: Movies cover art location
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2017, 12:00:35 am »

I can't remember the exact details, but a few years ago, there was a problem with the 'central movie art repository' approach that caused cover art files to be replaced, and the 'beside the file' approach was adopted as the only safe method available at the time.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2017, 06:23:20 am »

It's cover art, not covert art.  Covert art is what spies practice.

kolia

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2017, 12:15:36 am »

Thanks JimH was a typo error, I edited the title

kolia

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2017, 11:15:34 pm »

I can't remember the exact details, but a few years ago, there was a problem with the 'central movie art repository' approach that caused cover art files to be replaced, and the 'beside the file' approach was adopted as the only safe method available at the time.
Sorry to come back late on this subject. I'm kind of puzzled by the fact that audio files cover arts can be stored in any folder that you may choose and not for the movies. Why then Series cover arts are stored in an "outside" folder (currently C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 22\Cover Art). This is definitely blocking me to use JRiver to play video. No chance this may evolve in MC23?

BTW could someone explain the difference between: "Audio mode: in the same folder as the file (as folder.jpg)" and "Audio mode: in the same folder as the file"

Thank you

blgentry

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2017, 07:41:45 am »

BTW could someone explain the difference between: "Audio mode: in the same folder as the file (as folder.jpg)" and "Audio mode: in the same folder as the file"

Both of these only apply to Audio files; not Video.  What it means is:

A) The art will be stored in the same folder as the audio file and named Folder.jpg
or
B) The art will be stored in the same folder as the audio file and named with the name of the album.  Like "The Dark Side Of The Moon.jpg" for example.

Brian.

kolia

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2017, 12:14:03 am »

Oh I see, thank you Brian. But then, sorry to insist, why something that has been done for audio files could not be done for video files?
Nicolas

blgentry

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2017, 07:44:03 am »

I have no idea.  I'm not a JRiver employee.  I'm just a customer like you.

Brian.

kolia

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2017, 11:37:16 am »

Oh yeah! I make a dream that fellow devs are monitoring this thread and more importantly willing to change the way cover arts are stored! Who knows ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up