INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: what in the world happened to the tag info window?  (Read 1947 times)

tcman41

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Sound Surfing!
what in the world happened to the tag info window?
« on: September 16, 2016, 08:04:35 am »

Did a update recently to my MC22 and the now the tag info window is completely different, it is absolutely horrific ..why do this. I had a number of different custom tag fields all set up in a custom tag view and now it is all trashed, r u kidding me?

Is there a way I can revert back to the tag window the way it was, I currently see no way to do "also show this tag" anymore without scrolling through all the new tag catagories, come on, this is complete nonsense and just made my job way harder to tag my albums.

TErry

blgentry

Re: what in the world happened to the tag info window?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2016, 08:44:58 am »

It sounds like you have (accidentally) found the new Experimental Tag Action Window (ETAW).  You can go back to the regular Tag Action Window (TAW) at any time.  You can switch back and forth.  Procedure:

1.  Close the TAW or ETAW.
2.  Hold down the shift key on your keyboard.
3.  Now click Edit > Tag from the main menu.

This will select the *other* TAW.  This setting will "stick" until you do the procedure again.  So you only need to do this once to switch back to the TAW.  Do it again to use the ETAW if you ever decide to try it again.

Brian.

tcman41

• Sound Surfing!
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2016, 09:25:07 am »

It sounds like you have (accidentally) found the new Experimental Tag Action Window (ETAW).  You can go back to the regular Tag Action Window (TAW) at any time.  You can switch back and forth.  Procedure:

1.  Close the TAW or ETAW.
2.  Hold down the shift key on your keyboard.
3.  Now click Edit > Tag from the main menu.

This will select the *other* TAW.  This setting will "stick" until you do the procedure again.  So you only need to do this once to switch back to the TAW.  Do it again to use the ETAW if you ever decide to try it again.

Brian.

Thanks, I am sorry for the terse post, it was still early in the morning, hadn't had my coffee and was just taken aback by the whole thing lol.

Terry

blgentry

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2016, 09:56:31 am »

As a note, you can switch back and forth and use either one you want any time.  When you have time to play around, you might give the ETAW a try.  It's really great because it's fully customizable.  You can set it up for each Media Type and Media Sub Type individually.  You can order and include whatever fields you want, make groups, use spacers... all kinds of things to make it look and feel just how you want it.  I use the ETAW about 99% of the time.  Every now and then I switch back to the TAW, but it's usually just for a minute or two.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up