INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Long delay between stopping a video and MC menu displaying  (Read 1380 times)

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Long delay between stopping a video and MC menu displaying
« on: September 22, 2016, 11:23:15 am »

For quite a while now - when I watching a video (TV Show or Movie) on client and I hit the stop button, it takes about 12 to 15 seconds before menu displays. So I hit "stop" and the video stops and screen goes black, then I can count to 12 or 15 before MC menu comes up.

This delay does not seem to be a problem for starting a new video, but it does show when I go to start watching Live TV. Even if I stop a video (then wait for menu) then start a new video, and immediately stop it, I still get the delay for menu. Seems like a Client-Server communication delay.

I don't think it is network related because I can start the next video right away without a delay as if computer or network was waking up.
My client and server are set to never sleep, and my network cards are set to never power off/down.

Maybe this if from a MC update/change or maybe a Windows 10 update/change.
What do you think is going on?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Long delay between stopping a video and MC menu displaying
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2016, 12:25:28 pm »

Maybe try setting up a new test library to see what happens.  Just import a few videos.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2016, 12:38:15 pm »

That's a good idea. I also have a second client in the back bedroom. I don't use this room - so I should see if the problem is happening from that client too. If anyone has any other ideas, or things to test for - let me know. I'll be working on this issue this weekend.
Thanks

tls62dk

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2016, 12:41:29 pm »

Could it be your TV or monitor changing refresh rate? Mine will take seconds to change from the desktop rate to what ever it needs to change to and back again. The screen is black while this happend.
Pages: [1]   Go Up