INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multiple sharing of libraries  (Read 1416 times)

edwarduk

• Recent member
Multiple sharing of libraries
« on: September 26, 2016, 01:10:10 pm »

I wish to be able to share Audio type only to some users and all media types to other users.  Such sharing to be to local clients (i.e. on same LAN) as well as to users elsewhere (via internet) both via authenticated Access Key method.

All my media is on a headless windows 10 server with sufficient resources.  I can share (via Media Network) just fine, but it is all or nothing.

So far as I can see the only way possible is for separate instances of MC running in different (virtual) machines on the main server (so as to gain different Access Codes) and be able to automatically build different libraries pointing to the same media.

I tried running separate instances of MC on the same machine but all 'Options' are shared/same (so no different Access Codes, Libraries etc.)

Also looked at 'User Accounts' but can't see how to achieve what I want. Main block is the Server will serve up same view to remote (non LAN) clients.  There is no User Authentication required remotely (so far as I can see).

Am I headed in the right direction (virtual machine instances) or is there a simpler path?

I assume the automatic Port Forwarding that occurs with Access Codes will work in a multiple Virtual Machine set up?

Cheers
Edward

edwarduk

• Recent member
Re: Multiple sharing of libraries
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 01:10:38 am »

So I just went for it - and it works.

- used an existing Virtual Machine. Installed JRiver MC
- created new audio only library using existing (network) audio path.
- enabled Media Network
- changed port number to 52198
- Set up new port forward rule in the router pointing 52198 to the VM

Am now able to access audio only library internally and externally via either the Access Code or explicit IP addresses (internal_IP:52198 or external_IP:52198)

Would have preferred not having to use a virtual machine but can't see any other way.

Pages: [1]   Go Up