INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hang while playing via DLNA  (Read 2808 times)

dmitch77

• World Citizen
Hang while playing via DLNA
« on: August 26, 2016, 07:26:25 pm »

Often - daily - since upgrading from MC21 to MC22, a Playing Now list which is playing via DLNA stops playing before it's done. It often happens on song boundaries, sometimes not. This never happened prior to MC22. (I've been using MC since v 19 or so.) A log trace is attached. A bunch of songs were queued up in Now Playing; the last three were "Rock Me On The Water", "First We Take Manhattan", and "Lipstick Sunset".

Rock Me On The Water finished, and the first 10 seconds or so of First We Take Manhattan played, then hang. I clicked on that tune a few times (I'm using JRemote) and it started up again and finished. Then nothing.

MC22 on Mac OS 10.11.6, playing to a Marantz SR7009. I used this setup a lot prior to MC22 and I've never seen hangs like this before upgrading to MC22. Now I see them every day.

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Hang while playing via DLNA
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2016, 10:09:15 am »

It might be a firewall or an antivirus problem..

•Some makes of antivirus delay forwarding of media file data to the application while they scan the track for viruses.
•Some makes of firewall delay forwarding of download requests (HTTP GET commands) to the application while they check the syntax.

Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

DJLegba

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2016, 12:32:26 pm »

Sometimes rebooting the MC server computer will help.

dmitch77

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2016, 05:12:32 pm »

I have no antivirus software. I have no firewall. Don't need 'em. I restarted MC many times. No luck.

This never happened before I upgraded to MC22. I'm hoping someone can check out the log file I provided and track down what's happening.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2016, 02:22:51 pm »

I have no antivirus software. I have no firewall. Don't need 'em. I restarted MC many times. No luck.

This never happened before I upgraded to MC22. I'm hoping someone can check out the log file I provided and track down what's happening.
Can you try a build of MC prior to 22.0.19? There was a DLNA change about that time.

dmitch77

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2016, 08:39:35 am »

Can you try a build of MC prior to 22.0.19? There was a DLNA change about that time.

Actually I haven't seen this problem since I did a major reorg of my network (both Ethernet and WiFi). Not sure what the problem was, but DLNA seems to be working OK now. Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up