INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need help creating (thinking) a smartlist  (Read 1483 times)

zeusl

• Recent member
Need help creating (thinking) a smartlist
« on: October 05, 2016, 03:42:47 am »

Hi
I would like to have a smart playlist that sorts by last rated song with 4 or 5 stars.
I've tried some different options but nothing seems to work the way I want, there is a tag called "Date first rated" but I would like to have the "Date Last rated" and then sort it by date.
I've tried the "last modified" but then I need to specify the "Rating". Otherwise, I get all the other changes.

Or it might go with different phrases? But in that case, I need help creating one.

Thanks in advance.
(I use MC primarily for music...)

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Need help creating (thinking) a smartlist
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2016, 07:36:51 am »

The MC playing field is vast, but, sadly, even it has boundaries. Having gone almost four hours without a reply, you've probably realised, you've bumped into one.

Assuming that you save your rating field in the file tags, and that 'save file info changes' is checked, you've found that date modified is as close as you can get to what you want, and really, it's not that close, because if something else causes that date modified to change, it's going to get caught in there too.

This, and things like "most played in the last six months" are just not possible for us at the moment. I say "at the moment", not because I know some inside info, but, because, well, you never know, right? Though bear in mind, these kind of requests have regularly bobbed to the surface over the years, and we still can't do them.

-marko

zeusl

• Recent member
Re: Need help creating (thinking) a smartlist
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2016, 09:10:11 am »

The MC playing field is vast, but, sadly, even it has boundaries. Having gone almost four hours without a reply, you've probably realised, you've bumped into one.

Assuming that you save your rating field in the file tags, and that 'save file info changes' is checked, you've found that date modified is as close as you can get to what you want, and really, it's not that close, because if something else causes that date modified to change, it's going to get caught in there too.

This, and things like "most played in the last six months" are just not possible for us at the moment. I say "at the moment", not because I know some inside info, but, because, well, you never know, right? Though bear in mind, these kind of requests have regularly bobbed to the surface over the years, and we still can't do them.

-marko

Thanks for the answer, even if it was not as fun as I hoped.
I guess it can't be done by using the 'Search Language' then it also depends on the "right" kind of tags are there?
(I use MC primarily for music...)
Pages: [1]   Go Up