INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Folder/File view on Remote  (Read 3305 times)

denaroc

Folder/File view on Remote
« on: October 12, 2016, 05:55:44 am »

Can one obtain a Folder/File view on JRemote on an Ipad or Gizmo on android or any other remote program that can run JRiver. If so please explain how to do so.  I have a terabyte of music - largely classical and album or artist or composer views just do not cut it.  thanks

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Folder/File view on Remote
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 09:26:11 am »

Sure.  You can define all kinds of new or different views for JRemote to use.  You set up JRemote views here:

Tools > Options > Media Network > Advanced > Customize views for jremote

To get a disk based view, just set up a Categories view and use "file path".

Once you have the view set up there, save it, then restart MC.  Finally, restart JRemote.  Then JRemote should see your new view when you connect to MC.

Brian.

denaroc

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2016, 06:59:36 am »

Thanks very much for the information, much appreciated.

DavidMW

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2017, 04:09:49 pm »

I just received and finished installing the JRiver Id. Took a bit of effort, but I think everything is running now. One thing I am not able to do that I ran successfully on the trial version of MC on Windows, and that is accessing my music library on JRemote wth folder view. It worked on the Windows installation but not smoothly on the Id.

I followed Tools > Options > Advanced > Customize views and then added "Folders" under Audio. Under Show Categories In This Order, I tried Filename, Filename (name), and Filename (path). None give me what I want (and what I had before on the Windows installation) replicating the file structure on my NAS of Artist/Album/Track or Compilation/Album/Track.

Also, how do I restart MC without rebooting the Id (via GUI)? The instructions on this thread direct restarting MC when changing Show Categories In This Order.
_________
Sunday update: I went back to my Windows installation. Both Location and File Type are listed under categories (attached below). If this is the path forward, how do I select Location (I see File Type)?

Pages: [1]   Go Up