INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Server/Client Timeshift strange behaviour  (Read 1681 times)

severalboxes248

• Recent member
Server/Client Timeshift strange behaviour
« on: October 13, 2016, 02:29:56 pm »

I recently setup a client PC to watch TV and videos from a MC server PC. Which by the way was a breeze to setup, I was absolutely shocked at how easy it was. All the settings, theater view layout, everything transferred over automatically. A big thank you for that.

There is something odd happening on the client PC with timeshifted TV though, which is set at 4 hours. Let's say we tune into a channel at 1:00 pm, but at 6:00 pm we decide to rewind a few minutes. It will immediately jump back to 4:59 pm, which would be the end of the initial 4 hour timeshift. It's like the 4 hour timeshift period is stuck on the initial 4 hours. At that point the only way to get back to live TV is to press stop and then tune back to the channel again. This is only happening on the client PC. I've never had any issues using the server PC directly.

Windows 10, MC 22 on both machines
Hauppauge 2255 on the server

Any thoughts on this?

imeric

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Server/Client Timeshift strange behaviour
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2016, 05:49:23 pm »

No speed delay issues with the client PC when channel surfing?  This is quite different than what I'm experiencing...

severalboxes248

• Recent member
Re: Server/Client Timeshift strange behaviour
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2016, 08:14:16 am »

There is normally a 3-4 second delay for me when changing channels, however it is like that on the server as well. Sometime it takes longer on a channel with a poor signal, but I think it's due to the tuner having trouble syncing to the stream.
Pages: [1]   Go Up