INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View Themes on a Client  (Read 1931 times)

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Theater View Themes on a Client
« on: October 13, 2016, 09:47:49 pm »

So.... I think I just lost my custom view for Theater View when I re-imaged the client.  I thought this came from the server.  Is that inaccurate?  Some of these files come from the server, some do not and it's hard to keep track.  I can't change the Theater View setup on the client or it seems to get overwritten by the server's settings later, correct?  But I need to have things like custom views on the client preserved?

Based on this, I'd like to request that it not operate like this.  Theater View should either be all controlled by settings on the device running it, or all controlled on the server, not the hybrid that it appears to be.

Thanks!

Hendrik

• Administrator
Re: Theater View Themes on a Client
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 04:05:34 am »

Themes and Skins need to be installed locally into your MC copy, the server cannot provide those. All the server controls is the database - ie. the structure of the views and the files in them. The skin itself comes from the local client. No plans to change how this works, I'm sure many people may use different skins on different clients, for different use-cases.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
Re: Theater View Themes on a Client
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2016, 03:53:52 pm »

Themes and Skins need to be installed locally into your MC copy, the server cannot provide those. All the server controls is the database - ie. the structure of the views and the files in them. The skin itself comes from the local client. No plans to change how this works, I'm sure many people may use different skins on different clients, for different use-cases.

Thanks for confirming what I was afraid of.  I'd like to have separate views on different clients for different purposes though.  One theatre view per server, but different themes per client seems to introduce confusion.  Consistency in the view/ theme distribution would be preferable in this case.
Pages: [1]   Go Up