INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using an External Hard Drive  (Read 2709 times)

Mike D59

Using an External Hard Drive
« on: November 05, 2016, 11:52:39 am »

Hi,

I'm brand new to JRiver so I'm sure this has come up before, but my searches are coming up blank.  I've just installed JRiver and I'm playing back music from an external usb drive connected to my laptop.  How do I set this up to show album art, artist info, track titles, etc. in the JRiver window?  I can't import the content of the hard drive as its too large, nearly 800 gbs of flac files, my computer drive would be swamped.  I'm able to play but only selecting a track or an album at a time from the left hand column that lists the content of the external drive.  I'm sure there is a simple fix to this, but some pointers would be much appreciated, thanks.

kr4

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Using an External Hard Drive
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2016, 12:09:41 pm »

You need to create a library in JRiver.  It will not import the actual files but all the data needed to more efficiently explore and play your files.
Kal Rubinson
"Music in the Round"
Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

tom9920

• Recent member
Re: Using an External Hard Drive
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2016, 12:11:17 pm »

I'm a casual user, but if I understand the question, you can try this.  First, make sure you permanently assign a drive letter to the temporary storage so file paths won't change the next time you attach it.  Then use tools>import to import the file info (but not the files themselves) into JRiver.
Pages: [1]   Go Up