INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video With AAC Audio Playback  (Read 2993 times)

nathanCFD

• Recent member
Video With AAC Audio Playback
« on: October 17, 2016, 07:55:18 pm »

I'm dialing in my new main HTPC and I'm having issues with vids encoded with AAC Audio not playing. I can go into DSP and force them to DD, but I was wondering if I have something setup incorrectly since they don't auto-decode. Hoping there's a way to set it up so I don't have to manually change the audio settings for every AAC encoded file.

The system has an EVGA GTX 950 vid card sending HDMI video directly to the display; audio device is Intel HD Audio (HDMI) going to Yamaha 7.1 Decoder, i7 Processor with 16GB/Ram. Bitstreaming is enabled, custom set for all sources except DTS HD, which for some reason crashes the amp. AAC won't play natively with or without Bitstreaming enabled.

Any advice?

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Video With AAC Audio Playback
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2016, 07:41:29 am »

Try disabling bitstreaming altogether.  Just as a test.

Brian.

nathanCFD

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2016, 11:49:00 am »

Try disabling bitstreaming altogether.  Just as a test.

Brian.

I've tried both ways, with bitstreaming totally disabled and enabled selectively. I tried it both ways on a different PC too, it won't play any vid with an AAC audio stream. And, when I set the DSP Output Encoding to DD, the audio/video synch is off.

blgentry

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2016, 08:06:32 am »

Hmm.  Not sure what to say then.  I've tried a test file with AAC audio and it plays fine in MC22 for me, with a direct attached USB DAC.  But I'm also on a Mac, so there are multiple differences between our setups.  Maybe someone else with a more similar setup can test a video with AAC audio.

I'm not sure how MC's video engine handles AAC audio.  I would expect that it uses the same audio engine as music, but I'm really not sure.  I also don't think I have any files with multi-channel AAC audio.  That would be a difference also.

Brian.

MikeO

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2016, 12:32:21 pm »

How about create an AAC zone with a zone switch to detect encoding contains 'AAC'

The set up the DSP to code as you wish

It worked when I had that issue

Mike

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2016, 05:23:11 am »

AAC audio works without any trouble here. What exactly is your problem with it? You don't really say.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

nathanCFD

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2016, 03:16:52 pm »

AAC audio works without any trouble here. What exactly is your problem with it? You don't really say.

Hi Hendrick, I get a dialog box that says the audio isn't supported and to go to DSP to output to a different format.

I had six files that were AAC, they were rips of really, really old concerts in mono on the source DVD's. And, I made those MKV's way back in the day. So, I went back to the source DVD's and re-ripped them to AC3 and they're fine.

Pages: [1]   Go Up