INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MP4 Video & General Account Questions  (Read 2032 times)

shmoo7

• Recent member
MP4 Video & General Account Questions
« on: October 22, 2016, 11:26:28 pm »

Hi All,

It's been several years since I've been here, life getting in the way and all that. As a result I have forgotten my password for my old account and no longer have the associated email address. Could someone point me in the right direction for restoring access to my account under these circumstances? I'd like to upgrade to the current version.

This is directly related to my more on-topic question. I am currently using MC19. I have a camera (Sony HX400 in case it's relevant) that takes video in MP4 format and I have discovered that there does not seem to be any elegant way to view the movies in MediaCenter. If I upgrade to MC22 will this issue be resolved?

Thank you very much!

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MP4 Video & General Account Questions
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2016, 06:12:16 am »

I think you will need to provide JRiver (Jim) with the e-mail address you used when you setup the account - Then I assume he can lookup your old password.

On the MP4 question - the easiest thing to do, is to install MC22 (it has a free trial period) then see how much it has improved and if it will do what you want. But MC19 should have no problem with MP4 either.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2016, 06:35:31 am »

You can change your email address on the Restore Page .  If you have your old license, you can upgrade without changing it.  See the Upgrade Help topic.

If that doesn't work, send me a message

jimh at jriver

shmoo7

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2016, 08:28:54 am »

Hi CountryBumkin and JimH,

Thank you very much for the help! I am happy to report that with the downloading of MC22 not only am I able to view the MP4 video files I've taken with my camera, I can also view the proprietary *.mts files that I took before I had a good look at Sony's software and decided I didn't want to have it anywhere near my computer. Being able to view those was a very pleasant surprise.

Now that that is sorted out, I will send you an email Jim to sort out the account business.
Pages: [1]   Go Up