INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Export to iTunes on Mac  (Read 2976 times)

risingdamp

• Galactic Citizen
Export to iTunes on Mac
« on: October 31, 2016, 05:04:22 am »

For the first time I'm trying to use MC running on Mac to sync my iPad via iTunes.  I tried the File> Export to iTunes and iPhone but nothing seems to happen either in MC or iTunes.  Does this feature still work? If so what is meant to happen exactly? 
JLee

risingdamp

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Export to iTunes on Mac
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2016, 05:05:41 am »

Also is this the best way to sync a selection of playlists from MC to iTunes so I can effectively use MC to manage my library and only use iTunes for the update to the device?
JLee

partny

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2016, 06:41:33 am »

I have exactly the same issue!
 ;)
Jan D.

risingdamp

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2016, 08:22:03 am »

I've given up with that option and instead just use the Export All Playlists feature then manually drag and drop the m3u file from Finder to the left pane in iTunes.

In terms of iTunes behaviour I've found that if you drop the updated playlist directly onto the old playlist of the same name in iTunes it will ADD new tracks to that playlist in iTunes but it won't remove tracks.  So if you want to replace the playlist in iTunes with the newly updated version exported from MC you have to first delete it from iTunes then drag and drop to add it back again.  Then when you sync your device you'll have to tick the playlist again.
JLee

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2016, 08:26:28 am »

I don't think the export to itunes function works on Mac.  I played with it a while back and could never get it to do anything.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up