INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using Id as a HT music feed  (Read 1755 times)

Smilin_Jim

• Recent member
Using Id as a HT music feed
« on: November 06, 2016, 08:57:47 am »

I have been using MC for a long time, but after a few early attempts at HTPCs running it I gave up having an easy way to play music off my NAS through my HT Receiver.  THe efforts were abandonded due to having to deal with Windows and its ever changing security requirements and the size, noise, and cost of hardware and programs for an HTPC.  I settled for the lame music interfaces built into the receiver/TV/Roku devices and if i wanted an intelligent playlist, I had to create and export one from JRiver and copy it to the playlist directory.
I want the great UI and intelligent playlists back without the hassle. I am ready to try one of these small form factor NUCs and I might as well use an Id since my tendency to overbuild would have me normally looking at NUC6i5s which seem to have their own issues.

What I would like to verify is that:
A) I can get the 10 foot HT view and the music list interfaces on my TV in HD but not 4K quality and that it is somehow usable.  I know that there appear to be apps and those are nice, but my experience is that the typical ones are a bit laggy and limited.
B) That I can build and dynamically have the intelligent playlists rebuild themselves as through the desktop version.
C) That, like with the HTPCs in the past, I can just point at the directories on the NAS and not store the music locally.
D) All this just by a network connection and an HDMI connection to the AV receiver.

BTW, thanks for developing, supplying and supporting the only music system that I ever found to be worth it.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Using Id as a HT music feed
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2016, 12:26:58 pm »

You are welcome and thanks.

Yes to the above except Theater View (ten foot mode).  It's coming.  We have it running on Linux now, but it won't be on the Id for another month or two.

You might consider using a phone or tablet and Gizmo or JRemote as an interface.
Pages: [1]   Go Up