INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is it possible to zone link for multi-channel audio?  (Read 1691 times)

bulldogger

• World Citizen
Is it possible to zone link for multi-channel audio?
« on: November 06, 2016, 04:15:56 pm »

I am wondering if it is possible to have multi-channel audio with zones linked. For example,  USB to SPDIF converter to  dac, with different zones assigned different channels and linked. One zone would be front left and right and output via first USB to SPDIF converter, second center and low frequency to USB to SPDIF converter, third surround right and left, etc? Would having the same brand USB converter cause problems as each might use same driver?

kr4

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Is it possible to zone link for multi-channel audio?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2016, 05:36:14 pm »

The problem is that you will need to have one master clock for all the DACs or the timings will drift.
Kal Rubinson
"Music in the Round"
Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

beats_works

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Is it possible to zone link for multi-channel audio?
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2016, 11:38:01 am »

Trying to figure out similar scenario where I want to send primary output to USB Dac and then sub via bluetooth. Not worried about video sync just audio. I was thinking I could set delay on primary channel but 1) How constant would the toming difference be and 2) How to calibrate delay.
Warning: May contain trace amounts of sarcasm known to the State of California to cause irritation.
Pages: [1]   Go Up