INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: auto insert notification back on  (Read 1401 times)

lionel

• Recent member
auto insert notification back on
« on: July 28, 2003, 10:15:37 am »

I have just upgraded my computer with a dvd burner which is great, but I gave away both my old cd burner drive and my old dvd drive.   Since I now have only one drive MC9 won't allow me to read data discs I insert.  For example, program install discs or when I try to rip a DVD.  When I go to windows explorer to try to open the disc or expand, it just acts as if there is nothing in the drive. :-/

I had this issue when I had the two separate drives and I know it has something to do with the auto insert notification.  Back then, I could just use the other drive to install software or rip DVDs.

I am running Windows XP with an NEC DVD burner and I need to know how to turn the auto insert notification ON.  I am willing to take my chances unless you guys think it will totally affect my cd burning abilities with MC9.  Please Help.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: auto insert notification back on
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2003, 10:28:32 am »

how about go to My computer

right click on the Cd-rom drive, click on AutoPlay

make your settings
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

lionel

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2003, 10:34:38 am »

I had already tried resetting each choice in autoplay but it still will not read data discs or rip dvds.   :'(

jleerigby

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2003, 10:55:54 am »

Go to Device Manager> DVD/CD ROM Drives.  Right click the drive - Uninstall.  Then re-boot.  Your system will redetect the drive and advise that new hardware has been detected.  Then it should all be OK.  

Let me know if it worked.

lionel

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2003, 12:07:06 pm »

JLee is my hero! ;D  It totally worked!  Yea, I just uninstalled the drive and when the system restarted it could read the files and I was able to rip my DVDs.

Thanks much to JLee.  It ain't no shame to have used MMjb (MusicMatch?).   Many, many, many years ago I used Real Jukebox  :-X for like 2 days until I came across MJ and have used it ever since.  It isn't always so important where you started but where you ended up. :P

jleerigby

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2003, 12:15:16 pm »

Glad it worked.  Good one to remember - I think something gets screwed up in XP with the permissions or something.

Yeh - I used to think that MMJB was so fantastic until they released MC.  I also never understood all those people that said that WinAmp is the best media player.  How the hell do you manage a 20K audio library with that load of c***p.
Pages: [1]   Go Up