INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: hdmi switching problem  (Read 1743 times)

itsratso

• Recent member
hdmi switching problem
« on: March 21, 2017, 07:44:54 pm »

I just bought a new htpc and put jriver on it. I like to listen to music while watching tv and there is no way to do this on current denon avr's over hdmi (watch one source while listening to another source). so I use batpig's trick. I have my computer going through my denon to play music on one hdmi. then I have my cable box on a separate hdmi input to watch video. play music on jriver over hdmi1, switch to the cable box hdmi2 for watching tv. up until last week this worked perfectly. now it does not. when I switch to the video hdmi input, jriver stops playing music. I don't know why this would even affect jriver as it should just think it is still outputting music to my denon on hdmi1. and until last week it did. now it does not. is there some setting that I am missing?

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: hdmi switching problem arrggg
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 03:51:33 pm »

This is an educated guess.  Might not do anything.  Might be a miracle.  Try this setting:

Tools > Options > Audio > Settings > disable display from turning off > (checked)

Then quit MC and restart it and try again.

Brian.

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: hdmi switching problem arrggg
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2017, 05:40:25 pm »

I just bought a new htpc and put jriver on it. I like to listen to music while watching tv and there is no way to do this on current denon avr's over hdmi (watch one source while listening to another source). so I use batpig's trick. I have my computer going through my denon to play music on one hdmi. then I have my cable box on a separate hdmi input to watch video. play music on jriver over hdmi1, switch to the cable box hdmi2 for watching tv. up until last week this worked perfectly. now it does not. when I switch to the video hdmi input, jriver stops playing music. I don't know why this would even affect jriver as it should just think it is still outputting music to my denon on hdmi1. and until last week it did. now it does not. is there some setting that I am missing?

try taking the sound out of the tv using toslink
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

itsratso

• Recent member
Re: hdmi switching problem
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2017, 07:53:09 pm »

so I have to apologize for dissing jriver here. it turns out that this problem happens when using any audio player, not just jriver. i'm guessing that the soundcard in my last computer was more forgiving to breaking the HDMI connection.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: hdmi switching problem
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2017, 07:56:51 pm »

Thanks for reporting that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up