INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sync libraries  (Read 1579 times)

rsg

• Galactic Citizen
Sync libraries
« on: December 04, 2016, 11:47:53 pm »

If I am running MC 22 on two computers, each with an external HD, is it possible to sync the two libraries so that they keep each other aware of playlist additions, ratings, number of plays, tag changes etc.? I am using separate computers/drives/libraries in separate rooms of the house, rather than a host/client set-up, so that I have a back-up.

221bBS

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Sync libraries
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 12:30:51 am »

I have almost no problem syncing my laptop and desktop libraries using Google Drive (use to use OneDrive). Just need to have your media files located in the same place and named the same. This will also work on a removable drive (make sure the drive letter is fixed).

1) Move your library to the folder that's going to sync up with the online storage
2) Move your thumbnail folder (%UserProfile%\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 22\Thumbnails) to the folder that's going to sync up with the online storage.
3) run regedit
Navigate to:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver\Media Center 22\Properties\

Find:
Thumbnails - Base Path

and replace the path with the new path of your thumbnail

And you're done.

Couple things to remember, NOT a good idea to have both computers running this library at the same time.

The libraries won't sync (completely) unless you close out of MC completely. This mean closing the Media Server, also.

221bBS

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Sync libraries
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 12:39:16 am »

Just a post to get my post total to 667, lol :-[
Pages: [1]   Go Up